how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mwalt2

join:2012-08-12

2 edits

[Anveo] Anveo 933/911 stopped working - Solved

I recently setup an obi202 and had everything working ok. I put GV on SP1 and Anveo on SP4 for e911 service. The 933 test call worked correctly. Last night, I decided to move the obi from a port on my router to be directly connected to my cable modem and my router connected to the LAN port of the obi.

After doing this, 933 no longer worked. I thought it might be a problem with the Anveo test, so I decided to do a 911 test call after letting the non-emergency dispatch know. When I called 911, it was silent for 20-30 seconds, rang twice, and then disconnected. A couple minutes later, I got a call back from a 911 dispatch center 250 miles away in Canada (I'm in Michigan...) and they did not have my correct address.

I've factory reset the OBi202, removed all SP's, and deleted the device from obitalk Device Configuration. I then re-added the device on obitalk.com, re-added GV on SP1, and re-added Anveo on SP4 with e911 service checked. OutboundCallRoute has {911:sp4},{933:sp4} at the beginning, but it still will not connect to 933. Anveo shows the SIP Status online in their dashboard and obi dashboard shows it as registered. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

EDIT - thanks to giqcass on the obitalk forums, it appears that enabling DMZ in the OBi202 router settings breaks the 933 (and presumably 911) capability. Once I disable DMZ, anveo 933 calls started working again.

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
kudos:13

Re: [Anveo] Anveo 933/911 stopped working

That's a very curious problem and solution. If you find out why that caused the problem, please do let us know.

mwalt2

said by Mango:

That's a very curious problem and solution. If you find out why that caused the problem, please do let us know.

Very weird. He replied again and said he "noticed the DMZ setting on the OBi202 can cause some traffic to hop right over the obi sometimes even if it was meant for the OBi."

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
said by mwalt2:

Very weird.

It's more than weird, it's potentially life threatening if true. I'm having trouble understanding how such an issue might affect 911/933 calls, but apparently not affect other calls.
--
DPC3825 (bridge mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 1.8.10.1 on a Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.ms - Localphone - UKDDI

PX Eliezer
Premium
join:2013-03-10
Graustark
kudos:6
reply to mwalt2
Thanks for posting about this.

An issue as crucial as this, you should probably let Anveo Support know directly as well.

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

Re: [Anveo] Anveo 933/911 stopped working SOLVED.

OP edited the original post to say the problem was solved . If he could edit the subject, that would be good.

PX Eliezer
Premium
join:2013-03-10
Graustark
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Optimum Voice
·callwithus
·Callcentric

Re: [Anveo] Anveo 933/911 stopped working SOLVED for one guy.

Agreed, but it's still a very important issue and I'm glad that he got it noticed here.

It is easy to see how it could happen to another Obi user on Anveo.

Last night, I decided to move the obi from a port on my router to be directly connected to my cable modem and my router connected to the LAN port of the obi....

....Thanks to giqcass on the obitalk forums, it appears that enabling DMZ in the OBi202 router settings breaks the 933 (and presumably 911) capability. Once I disable DMZ, anveo 933 calls started working again.

That could easily happen to someone else.

Moreover, it sounds like it could be an Obi issue generally, not just with Anveo.

Fortunately Anveo has their 933 test number but that's unique to them.

I hope that this does not end up affecting anyone else whether using Anveo or any other provider.

My point is, this issue was solved for one user, but the serious issue potentially remains as far as I can tell.

Does Obi need to address this?

mwalt2

reply to PX Eliezer

Re: [Anveo] Anveo 933/911 stopped working

said by PX Eliezer:

Thanks for posting about this.

An issue as crucial as this, you should probably let Anveo Support know directly as well.

I think it is a problem with the OBi router firmware. A setting on the built-in router should not affect the ability of a phone to make/receive a call. I will let OBi know about my issue and see what they say.