Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TJFriday

join:2009-06-29
Des Moines, IA
reply to sawman

Re: Mediacom Pricing - Des Moines and surrounding areas

You can purchase a TiVo and they work quite well on Mediacom.

sawman
Premium
join:2002-04-25
BC KS
reply to GLIMMER
Direct TV is definitely a possibility. What do I have to take from Mediacom for Prime TV and HBO in the way of equipment? Am I right about the pricing? Thanks again

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium
join:2010-01-20
Clive, IA
To get HBO, you will need a cable box with Mediacoms cable card. Wether it is leased by Mediacom ($10.50/Mo), or something like TiVo with a Mediacom Cable Card in it ($1.99/Mo plus the upfront cost of the TiVo).
--
The bitterness of poor quality lingers longer than the sweetness of low cost. (usually)

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to Radio_Guy
I never realized how expensive Mediacom phone is. I don't think I have ever known anyone to subscribe to it. I can see why.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
As with all of our services, if you agree to a promotional rate, you get that price until the promotional period expires and then the rate for each service you have reverts to the base rate for each service per month. All customers are made aware of this when they agree to the promotion.

hdtv00

join:2003-06-13
Silvis, IL
Actually that's sooooo untrue it's not even funny. In my case I got no promotional rate at all, and was NEVER told I was in a 2 yr contract. Why, for what for paying $55 a month for 10M service. Who the hell would agree to no discount and yet still a 2 yr agreement.

And I bet my life right now I know several people in my area that have been told one thing buy some BS 2nd party rep just trying to get subs up to get paid. I live in an Apt complex , they will lie or do anything to get people signed up, period. You know it and I know it.

It's the reason I took the promo you did give me for 50M speed. I pay $15 more and got 5 times the speed. Um duh, who wouldn't agree to that, so just because you're always helpful and upfront. There is no way on earth you speak or can be the example of how mediacom is actually run. If that were the case man none of us would be here for your help every other month will billing , connection, service issues.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Thank you for the kind words in regards to the work I do here. It is possible to put in praises/complaints for a customer service representative, or sometimes there are surveys after a call. All of this information is good for Mediacom to look into and improve the customer service experience.

hdtv00

Silvis, IL
reply to Radio_Guy
The work you do here is nothing short of a miracle , especially when you compare it to how the rest of mediacom is run. YOu are the exception to the rule. I bet frankly 90% of the people here are even still mediacom customers at all because of your efforts.

I've lost track of the times mediacom has dont something screwed up far as my account has gone. All the way back to the very first bill...when they had the nerve to tell me in the local office my payment was LATE, when I had the bill in my hand with the date clearly showing I was in fact paying it a week early. Yet the clerk had the nerve to sit there and say well pay it late fee and all. And that was just the tip of the iceberg...

What are the odds they bill me yet again for wireless...lol. I won't be holding my breath that it won't be on the next bill yet again.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I just checked, and the wireless service is not on there.

skeeterfood

join:2005-11-06
Rochester, MN
reply to MediacomChad
While that is true, it's currently damn near impossible (unless someone takes the time like the OP to hand type it up for us) to find out what the current "base rate" is, let alone what it's going to be when the promo rate expires. Once you're a customer you do get the yearly printed list of rates, but this should be provided at the time you sign up for service to clearly spell out what you're signing up for. I honestly can't believe it's legal not to provide this information.

hdtv00

Silvis, IL
The one thing that TOTALLY pisses me off is seeing new customer getting my $90 service for $19.99. Then I'm also pissed about data caps where was that listed when I signed up. To me they violated my 2 yr agreement and it's void. So I should be able to tell them to go fuck themselves. You have no idea how fed up I am with this monthly run around.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium
Clive, IA
said by hdtv00:

The one thing that TOTALLY pisses me off is seeing new customer getting my $90 service for $19.99. Then I'm also pissed about data caps where was that listed when I signed up. To me they violated my 2 yr agreement and it's void. So I should be able to tell them to go fuck themselves. You have no idea how fed up I am with this monthly run around.

When did you sign up? If you started your service before the data allowances were introduced 8/1, you do not have one. Only current internet services that are started 8/1 or later are affected by this.

However, If you signed up after that and they did not mention the caps, then yeah. I would be pissed off too.

So have you gone over your cap yet?
--
The bitterness of poor quality lingers longer than the sweetness of low cost. (usually)

hdtv00

Silvis, IL
reply to Radio_Guy
Yea I had it long before that , but I tried 50M down package and now if I change to some other package that isn't $90 a fucking month I then lose my unlimited status, and frankly that's total bullshit if you ask me. I'm still a customer and have been for almost 2 yrs.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium
Clive, IA
Since the site will not let me edit my original post, I will put it here:

RATE INCREASE FOR DES MOINES AREA!!!

Family TV (includes local plus TV) - was $70.95, now $72.95
Local Station Broadcast Surcharge - $2.42 (New charge for everyone in the DSM area)

Please note that a quick Google search revealed that the new surcharge varies by community. If you do not live in the Des Moines area and are curious what your new rate is, please look at your last cable bill for any notices, or call your local scam artist Mediacom office for details.
--

Vols44

join:2010-10-23
Springfield, MO
reply to Radio_Guy
Can't wait til October 3rd when I'm a free agent. The 30/3 Prime Plus will be 59.99 plus 15 (internet only) penalty. Not sure if it's worth the extra dollars unless I get a one year contract for 59.99 per.

The extra fee for local channels made my decision easier. The 6.99 I'm paying for Starz/Encore is a good price, but not for the quality of movies available.

It will be nice to have options at my disposal.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Hello Vols,

Please message me directly if you have any questions about billing. I might be able to get you set up with something better.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to hdtv00
Well what do you think Mediacom is trying to do? They want everyone to be capped and billed for any overage. That's the cash cow man! They see the writing on the wall and know that bandwidth usage will only go up and 'cable tv' service as we know it will be no more.

Yes they are correct only a small percentage of users are going over the cap RIGHT NOW. But they know that will change and they want to make huge profit by selling bandwidth at premium while it's getting cheaper for them to provide it. Look at the cellphone companies. Same thing going on.

Unless Google Fiber goes nationwide this will not change any time soon.

PS Mediacom is not making any profit on the video side due to programming costs but the internet side is bringing in the money. Phone is already dead but you guys know that.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.