spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

musicbair

join:2013-03-14

[Tampa] Computer takes forever to connect to internet

Since December of 2011 I have had nothing but issues with my BHN internet. I used to pay a lot for the lightning service with the 40 mbs, but i started to get really slow internet, I'm talking less than dial up about 0.30 mbs. I went through everything in the world, changing modems, moving modems, hard wired my laptop (super inconvenient) and everything else myself and the "techs" at BHN could come up with. So I dropped it and went to turbo which is 20 mbs and have been getting 20 or mbs pretty consistently. But there was a second issue that arose around that time as well, both my windows 7 laptops will take 5 to 20 min to get online upon bootup or resuming windows. I get countless "dns lookup failed's" until i can actually get online. I connect to the router instantly but the internet seems a bit more illusive. I have had 6 different Ubees, a motorola, and a few of that other brand they have. I've hooked up my own personal router and bridged the connection, and the issues go away. I instantly connect to the internet, however my old router won't handle the network demands i now have. Please help me someone. Or am I going to have to suck it up and buy my own router and bypass the BHN router that I pay money for every month.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

Before I say anything I need to review your account. Please open a direct forums thread here »Bright House Networks Direct be sure to include your IP address so I can pull what I need.

musicbair

Alright can do!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
reply to musicbair

Okay I am going to respond in the direct forum because the above is inconsistent with what I'm looking at. Need you to clarify some things re: your account.

musicbair

That's fine. I just had given up and now I'm tired of dealing with it again.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to musicbair

See you Mon 10-12

musicbair

reply to musicbair

The BHN tech just left my place. He switched out the modem again and it is working just fine. After over a year this Bright house expert most definitely is the expert. My network is working unbelievably well. Thank you for your support and your know how. I am very grateful for your help and most of all your patience. I look forward to not having anymore problems.

Thanks,
Musicbair

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by musicbair:

The BHN tech just left my place. He switched out the modem again and it is working just fine. After over a year this Bright house expert most definitely is the expert. My network is working unbelievably well. Thank you for your support and your know how. I am very grateful for your help and most of all your patience. I look forward to not having anymore problems.

Thanks,
Musicbair

You are very welcome
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~