stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6
reply to fatness

Re: [Rant] Poor forum setup

said by fatness:

If I'm remembering correctly use of the "Back" key at that time causes the notification either to be posted in the "new" forum or in both forums.

Yes, depending on the browser (and settings) hitting "back" can cause the form to resend even though the page is stale, but from it's new location, causing the ghost move stubs.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
reply to akira6968
* Sign *
Expand your moderator at work

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:4
reply to akira6968

Re: [Rant] Poor forum setup

*Sign*

non REGd

@videotron.ca
reply to NotTheMama
I agree with these two people.

said by NotTheMama:

More to the topic, Anonymous posters get notified immediately when a post is too old to reply to. It would seem logical to do the same for members instead of leading them down a path only to cut them off when trying to submit the post (such a tease! ). /disclaimer: I haven't actually seen this myself.

Yup. There is more than one advantage to being non-reg'd.

said by Johkal:

As I do agree, wouldn't it be common sense to look at the topic date & the last reply date and realize "as example" the topic is 2 years old & it is pointless to reply?

This is true. If someone is replying to a two year old topic, they had to really dig around to find said topic. Or they found it on google or something.

Then they blindly, absolutely blindly, just post whatever. 2 years after the fact. I say frig them. If they can't look at a date and want to write a wall of garbage (OP's words) text only to have it not go through, then lesson learned. Now you know. Now you are educated enough to know how the forum works. Next time they will look at a date before writing a wall of garbage just to get it out of their head (OP's words).

Life lesson.

But no, now there is a rant about it because he couldn't get the garbage (his words) out of his head on a two year old topic. And for which he couldn't be bothered to even look at a date.

For these reasons, I *object*.

Person is now educated enough to continue his happy life and look at dates from now on before spewing whatever garbage (his words) lays in his head. Why waste time on this?

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to NotTheMama
said by NotTheMama:

More to the topic, Anonymous posters get notified immediately when a post is too old to reply to. It would seem logical to do the same for members instead of leading them down a path only to cut them off when trying to submit the post (such a tease! ). /disclaimer: I haven't actually seen this myself.

if this is the case then ***object***
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--