Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

2 recommendations

Mele20 to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger

Re: [poll] What will happen with Win8?

I'm a content consumer but I have no interest in consuming content on a mobile device. I have a new desktop with Win 8. I have NO mobile devices and I purchased a new car that has no wif-fi, etc. I like consuming my content on a POWERFUL desktop with a nice Dell Ultrasharp monitor or on my Samsung Smart TV. When I am away from my home I have plenty of things to do and I don't need a mobile computing device to do any of them. I want to do my computing in the comfort of my home sitting at a desk in the proper ergonomic position (so I have no need of wireless in my home either).

I think Microsoft designed Win 8 SOLELY for young folks who do spend a lot of time running around like chickens with their heads chopped off...I used to do that and now I feel pretty silly when I look back at that mostly mindless hormone driven behavior. I get that young people are the future and that folks around my age are not. However, I think it is stupid and mindless that Microsoft did not do a few simple things so that folks like myself could also enjoy the latest OS. Very sad and condemning of Microsoft that I had to buy one program (and probably a second one soon) from a third party developer that more or less fixes Windows 8 so that desktop users can use it without wanting to tear their hair out.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

Welcome to reality Mele20 See Profile the older we get the fewer of us there are and the more of them young chickens there are and ultimately the less we matter. Big businesses like Microsoft have to focus on big numbers in order to stay big and given that IT has always been a young person world, either we stay young in mind and embrace change or we will be left behind. Remember we ourselves created change and created this world, we were agents of change and agents of change we must remain or change will pass us by as it did for the people who resisted the change we created. Kids today think they know the Internet and communication technology, they forget I was part of the group that created it, I have the advantage of knowing why it is the way it is and I can see where we made mistakes and why so hopefully I can avoid similar mistakes in future, they just see the finished product, so if I can remain an agent of change I will have so much the advantage.

Blake