Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

Cap's and Sh*tty speeds oh Joy

Pay for speeds I don't even see, and caps fabulous. How does a VPN stream deal into this? Can anyone suggest a good useage meter?

Hazy Arc

join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Embarq Now Centu..

Therein lies my gripe with caps. I'm not entirely opposed to caps, provided they are fair. But I'll be damned if you're going to charge me and/or disconnect my service because of "excessive use" but not provide an accurate way for me to determine what my use even is.

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service

said by Hazy Arc:

Therein lies my gripe with caps. I'm not entirely opposed to caps, provided they are fair. But I'll be damned if you're going to charge me and/or disconnect my service because of "excessive use" but not provide an accurate way for me to determine what my use even is.

Welcome to what we ATT customers have been B!tch!ng about for a over a year now. You have no data counter we have one that does not work same screwed up system. How I know ATTs does not work? I track my data usage with my Netgear router and I can say ATT has never shown the same amount as ( or even close to ) my routers monthly log.

Be glad at least you get 250 GB for anything over 1.5! with a 3.0 or 6.0 mbps line on ATT to reach 250 GB Id already be paying them an additional $20 in overage as ATT caps ALL there DSL packages to 150GB ( exception to Uverse).

patagriff

join:2013-03-15
Graham, WA
reply to Hazy Arc

When I first started using torrents and began downloading far more than I had usually per month, Qwest didn't warn me at all. They just began dialing back my available bandwidth until my service was so slow it would take a month to download a movie.

My usage fell back to normal but my broadband connection speed has never returned to what it was originally.
--
patagriff

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

It is probably congestion and not related to torrent use.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Transmaster

said by Transmaster:

Pay for speeds I don't even see, and caps fabulous. How does a VPN stream deal into this? Can anyone suggest a good useage meter?

I have been evaluating NetWorx.

Daily usage report.

There are others; some free and some paid. I believe another highly regarded monitor is DU Meter, but it appears to be a paid monitor.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum