how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BG5150

join:2008-08-14
New York, NY

Are preists a pain to level?

I have a priest as bank alt and was thinking of leveling her up.

Are they a pain to level?

I'm not big on kiting (as I always seem to kite in the wrong direction and wind up with aggro on an additional six mobs).

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13
No. Especially not these days. You can viably and efficiently level in any spec.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to BG5150
No. Any spec will do fine to lvl30, then you can dual spec shadow and heals and enjoy the leveling. Even at max level, I have no problem soloing daily quests in any spec (holy/disc/shad).
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

1 recommendation

reply to BG5150
SHAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

mrbungle

join:2010-11-09
Staten Island, NY
reply to BG5150
they were a pain during WotLK (wand or go OOM). no problem since Cataclysm launched

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to BG5150
Agreed with Immer. Personally I'd suggest Disc for the early levels. Especially on PvP servers. They are beastly and if someone runs up on you, you can generally heal yourself out of it.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to BG5150
Mind Spike x3, tab.

repeat

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
reply to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

SHAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

You are doing it wrong.
--
When on dangerous ground maneuver, when on deadly ground fight.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
oh im sorry, my humblest apologies, can you ever forgive me, please how can i make this right, in what way could i be more correct, what do i need to do to make amends, does this mean i dont get the job?
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to BG5150
I leveled mine up during CAT as Holy...all the way to 82. I got to the point that stuff wasn't dying and despawing (aka, glop) so I had to go shadow...DPS difference was amazing. UH: I stayed holy that long because I got insta-queues with healing and it FORCED me to go after healing gear. It was my first healer and I knew if I quested as DPS, I'd stop healing.

Leveling from 85 to 90 in shadow was easier than my plate wearers for some reason. Maybe because I prefer ranged DPS so much more...I dunno. But like others have said, go shadow or disc for DPS and disc/holy for healing and you'll level quickly.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to BG5150
I leveled my priest from 85-90 recently in like 3 days...it probably took a total of 16 hours or so if I had to guess.

Shadow or Disc are super easy to level as now.

Go for it.

Darkfairy
Aeolus, your daughter flies.
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Tampa, FL
reply to BG5150
For the early levels, I suggest Holy smite spec and lots and lots of pots/drinking. It's the best way to go. At 40 (is it 30 now?) do dual spec and play with both.
--
Fairy Blessings,
Stefanie

Cake
Premium
join:2009-09-29
united state
reply to BG5150
Leveling Disc is easy and pain free.

I leveled Holy in BC (which was really dumb then).

Every expansion since I have leveled Disc.

My husband leveled shadow and enjoyed it.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to BG5150
Level disc until 30, especially if you are in full BoA's. If you are full BoA geared head to BG's in between quests, you will literally be able to carry your team to victory from levels 10-19. When I leveled my undead priest in cata I was able to top healing, dmg done and HK's in WSG. KB's usually got topped by hunters. Then, near insta queues for dungeons makes it quick to level through the vanilla levels.
--
Heghlu'meh qaq jajvam!

BG5150

join:2008-08-14
New York, NY
reply to BG5150
I'm level 15 now. Was thinking of getting to 20 this evening and putting down WoW for a while to run though Baldur's gate II for a few weeks.

I found a copy on my shelf, and I haven't played it in so, so long (over 10 years). Created a new character Wednesday night and I've got the urge again. I'm like a kid just waiting to play.

Given my limited gaming time, I think WoW is gonna have to suffer for a while.
--
...because beer is mana in real life. -- LockInABox

There are no stupid questions; only stupid people.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13
BG II: SOA will forever go down in my book as one of the best if not THE best RPG of all time. Hell, game of all time.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
BG and the Champions of Norrath games, definitely best console games in my book. Great solo play but undoubtedly the best for multi-play ever made.

I probably shouldn't get my hopes up, but I'm hoping Diablo III on the console could challenge the CoN games on multi-playability.