Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode

Re: Ugly ass TouchWiz...

said by Karl Bode:

I still don't think they've made the right phone for me yet. Currently have the S3 running CM10, but I want something like the Nexus 4, but with a less plasticky design, a better removable battery, and very CM10 friendly. A bigger S4 is not what I'm looking for, personally.

How good wil the voice part be? You have the S3. Is the voice part any good?

Motorola phones haven't been the best smartphones around, but their voice capabilities and ability to maintain a voice call under low signal levels have always been outstanding.

Does the Samsung S3 keep a voice call going under weak signal conditions?
wkm001
join:2009-12-14

1 recommendation

wkm001

I agree that Motorola has been putting very good radios and antennas in their phones for quite some time. They should, they were a radio company first.

I have a Verizon S3 and the ability to hold onto a voice call is nothing short of amazing. Even in very weak signal areas. A friend at work has a US Cellular S3 and she is experiencing the same great signals.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode to FFH5

News Guy

to FFH5
I've been happy with the voice quality. Most of the voice issues I run into are due to Verizon's iffy coverage here north of NYC.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by Karl Bode:

I still don't think they've made the right phone for me yet. Currently have the S3 running CM10, but I want something like the Nexus 4, but with a less plasticky design, a better removable battery, and very CM10 friendly. A bigger S4 is not what I'm looking for, personally.

How good wil the voice part be? You have the S3. Is the voice part any good?

Motorola phones haven't been the best smartphones around, but their voice capabilities and ability to maintain a voice call under low signal levels have always been outstanding.

Does the Samsung S3 keep a voice call going under weak signal conditions?

Middle of the road. Speakerphone is horrible if there's any background noise.
Compared to Motorola, no. Compared to other Samsung phones, yes.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

1 recommendation

Karl Bode

News Guy

Yeah I think there's lots of room for improvement. I am told by others that I'm worlds clearer on the S3 than I was on the iPhone 4, fwiw.

I really look forward to the day of VoLTE, as I've not really ever been impressed with voice on any of the smartphones I've used...

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

said by Karl Bode:

Yeah I think there's lots of room for improvement. I am told by others that I'm worlds clearer on the S3 than I was on the iPhone 4, fwiw.

I really look forward to the day of VoLTE, as I've not really ever been impressed with voice on any of the smartphones I've used...

I have a Nokia Lumia 810 with T-Mobile and the S3 on Sprint and the Lumia is hands down the winner on voice quality but the S3 is better at everything else so I'm not sure which one is better
I am eagerly awaiting VoLTE as well.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

Thanks all for the replies. I am switching carriers in May away from Sprint. And I am looking at AT&T & Verizon which both have good LTE coverage in my area. And I am looking at phone options on those 2 carriers. Having a phone with decent voice and very good battery life are 2 of my criteria.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to FFH5

to FFH5
From my experience (with my Sprint S3), it does just fine. It's no Motorola e815, but there's only one dead spot that I know of.