Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kerya666

join:2002-12-20
Valrico, FL
reply to Riusaki

Re: Ugly ass TouchWiz...

The old TouchWiz I really hated but it seems they improved it overall quiet a lot with each update. (I started with Original Galaxy S).

The usual benefit of Galaxies is that all of them are very easy to root, have open bootloaders, so easy to put custom roms with whatever customization you want.

So you can always get rid of TouchWiz if you really want. I even remember some people migrating HTC's version of UI onto Galaxies back in the day (although with minor issues).

Overall I am quiet happy with specs of the phone. It really is a monster on paper, except maybe for pentile-matrix screen, lets see how it will do.

It seems like they starting to follow with same type of design for majority of their high-end phones. I don't know if I like that or not. In a way they establishing the "face" of Samsung high-tier phones but in the way it is the same lazy approach as Apple and their look alike phones every year.

kram1984j

join:2009-12-06

Yes I tried loading CM on my note 2..... reverted back to TW very quickly. It was not worth giving up multiview and some of the S Pen functionality.

BullyRED

join:2004-04-08
Grayslake, IL

Don't go with non-stock roms in my opinion. I have a Note 2 - despise TouchWiz. I went with NovaLauncher and it pretty much takes it back to stock android with some better features...and it leaves the S-Pen functionality intact. Check it out...it's worth a few bucks to get rid of that TouchWiz.

Chuck_IV

join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

That's essentially what I am running on my Note 2. The Deodexed stock rom with mods for the 4 in 1 reboot menu and the all apps available for multiview mod. Then I run Nova Launcher.

The reason I like Nova Launcher is it(among its many other great things) retains(well, it's own version) the new message count bubbles on the mail/text/Google Voice and icons. With most other 3rd party launchers, you lose these bubbles. I always hated using the top status bar icons for anything.

Max Greene

join:2000-12-22
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Boost Mobile
reply to BullyRED

said by BullyRED:

Don't go with non-stock roms in my opinion. I have a Note 2 - despise TouchWiz. I went with NovaLauncher and it pretty much takes it back to stock android with some better features...and it leaves the S-Pen functionality intact. Check it out...it's worth a few bucks to get rid of that TouchWiz.

Nova is truly amazing IMHO, one of the few apps I couldnt find something free that was even close.