share rss forum feed

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

3 edits

I will definitely be getting this phone!

I have a Galaxy Nexus right now and I'm ready for a new phone and the Galaxy S4 is going to it. I know, I'm talking heresy here when going from a pure Android phone to one that has a skin (ie. TouchWiz) on it.

Personally, I don't care. To me, as long as the phone works and works well, I don't care what it runs. Well, within reason. I will not own an iOS device; you couldn't pay me to run the locked-down POS system.

I've done the whole rooting and ROMing scene, I'm burned out. I simply want my phone to work. See my thread in the Android forum...
»Burned out....
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog

LightS
Premium
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX
Same here with my Galaxy Nexus. I honestly want a Nexus 4, but since they aren't running on Verizon... not gonna happen.

It looks like, at this point, it's either stick with my Galaxy Nexus & hope the next Nexus phone works w/ Verizon or just get an S4 when I feel like it.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
Personally, I don't think that Google will ever have another Nexus device on Verizon especially after how Verizon f***ed with the Galaxy Nexus so badly.

I mean, the phone is just now getting an official 4.2.2 update. The GSM version has had constant official updates for months now, only the Verizon version of it had constant roadblocks to the updates.

Myself, I'm going to AT&T when my contract is up with Verizon so really I'll have a pick of any device I want including the Nexus 4. Why am I leaving Verizon? Simple, bad coverage; really bad coverage where I live.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog