admin123 to 78204168

Anon

to 78204168

Re: Home Fusion disconnects

Mine is now 20.9.49.300.49 too.
78204168 (banned)
join:2013-02-28

78204168 (banned)

give us an update on if you still get disconnects. I've tried unplugging power to the HBA and waited 15 mins and it didn't pickup any new firmware. I guess new firmware is being rolled out by region.
firepong
join:2006-08-08
Bay, AR

firepong

Remove power to both the router and Cantenna for a few minutes or just go into the Settings and force a HBA restart through that. I live in NorthEast Arkansas and I believe I got the update Wednesday night when my internet shut off and I did a HBA reboot. I am on 20.9.49.300.49 firmware right now and have to say, I can already tell a difference on how the router works. I got a good 20ms ping decrease on my games (was running ~120ms ping, now running 90-100ms ping). Don't know if it was the firmware update or not, but my pings weren't that low before my internet went out.

admin123
@myvzw.com

admin123

Anon

Ill update if the firmware is working for me in few days. but yes pings are better weird lol.
EvdOSpeeD
Premium Member
join:2009-04-18
Mount Airy, MD

EvdOSpeeD to 78204168

Premium Member

to 78204168
I was told the firmware update was approved on 3/12 and being rolled out based on the length of time you've had the device. I've had mine since last June and received the update on 3/15. With that being said, I noticed a 4 gig spike in my usage that day. And unless a deer or squirrel was tapping into my bandwidth, I couldn't justify where it came from. The Verizon rep said that the update could have caused the spike and credited 4 gigs back to my account.

Time will tell if this update stabilizes my connection. Pings are slightly better. Upload speeds are not as good. Download speeds seem a bit slower. But the demand could be causing that issue. Maybe I'm paranoid from my satellite days when the provider would throttle connections with these updates.
johnonusko
join:2013-03-23

johnonusko

I posted this update on the Verizon forum...

My connection dropped again today in the middle of a WebEx. It took 13 minutes to reconnect on its own - I did not reboot HF. My iPad had 4G LTE connectivity while HF was down and trying to reconnect. My firmware upgrade occurred on 3/16. Since the upgrade I have had drops on: 3/17, 3/19, 3/20 and 3/22. Prior to the upgrade I had drops on: 3/8 and 3/14. Today, I called Verizon Support to inform them that my HF connectivity appears to be worse after the upgrade and it is not as stable as my iPad. They said they were not aware of this issue and would get back to me.