share rss forum feed

mityfowl
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

New Dishwasher install

Click for full size
Click for full size
I'm a bit bummed that my new dishwasher didn't trim out as nice as my old one.

I know it's only at most 1/2"-3/4" 1/4" per side but the old Kitchen Aid look better.

It's not as bad as the flash makes it out to be

What do you guys think?

I'll just get used to it?

It's a mother to move in our out.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

Probably the contrast between light and dark drawing your attention to it. Could use black felt to stuff in the crack to help make it disappear, if it is bugging you that much.

cybersaga

join:2011-12-19
Welland, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to mityfowl

Or if you can match the wood and stain and you're willing to do a bit of work, you can add a thin piece of wood in that gap that'll butt right up to the dishwasher. Put a long screw through the inside of the cabinet to hold it on. That way if you ever need to take the dishwasher out you can just unscrew those pieces.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
Gainesville, FL

1 edit
reply to mityfowl

Oops. Double post.

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

1 recommendation

reply to mityfowl

I saw a suggestion while reading on this topic elsewhere to use rubber foam pipe insulation (like you would use on the condenser pipe between your air conditioner compressor coolant line). It is black and smooth-rubbery and could be cut to fit and tucked into the gap. Sounds like a cheap solution.

My Bosch brand dishwasher came with flat black rubber trim pieces attached to the sides already. They folded in as necessary from their naturally-extended position to close any gaps on the sides.

These guys sell some kits, and your manufacturer may have one, too.
»www.repairclinic.com/Dishwasher-Trim-Parts
--
nohup rm -fr /&

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
Gainesville, FL

Hey, that's a good idea! Might even help in reducing the sound a few decibels as an added bonus??

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

1 recommendation

Yep. And already resistant to the moisture as it is rubber.
--
nohup rm -fr /&

mityfowl
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX
reply to sempergoofy

said by sempergoofy:

I saw a suggestion while reading on this topic elsewhere to use rubber foam pipe insulation (like you would use on the condenser pipe between your air conditioner compressor coolant line). It is black and smooth-rubbery and could be cut to fit and tucked into the gap. Sounds like a cheap solution.

My Bosch brand dishwasher came with flat black rubber trim pieces attached to the sides already. They folded in as necessary from their naturally-extended position to close any gaps on the sides.

These guys sell some kits, and your manufacturer may have one, too.
»www.repairclinic.com/Dishwasher-Trim-Parts

My cousin is in the appliance repair business. Used to be a Maytag shop. He was surprised it didn't come with the rubber inserts.

He's looking to see if he has some not used ones in his shop.

I'm sort of leaning toward the flat black paint.

bengregg

join:2013-03-12

Last week i have also installed dish washer with the help of helper. It is fixed and fit very accurately.