All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ericner
join:2013-03-15
Bethesda, MD

ericner

[DVR] 1 second recordings, then deletes them.

Click for full size
I have two DVR and three STB. The DVRs will sometimes record series recordings for 1 second long and then delete it; the history shows that "the program was deleted because it was less than 8 seconds long". This is happening mostly on NBC shows and occasionally on CBS; it never happens on regular or pay cable shows. Essentially, they're null recordings. Any idea why this is happening?

The DVRs are both CHS-435HDC DVRs, and it happens on both units a couple times per week.
antioch
join:2007-10-06
Pomona, CA

antioch

Usually I'd say you should replace your STB. But both having the same issue I'd call to get a tech out to troubleshoot. Unless another tech has seen this issue. Sorry i can't be much help.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper to ericner

to ericner
Could another series recording with a higher priority be starting after these? I know some network shows go to 35 minutes past the hour so this theory would probably make more sense if you had some 5 minute recordings.
ericner
Bethesda, MD

ericner

There's definitely no conflict on a lot of these. Some of the failed recordings butt right up against eachother, but there's definitely no overlap. In fact, the CBS recording in the picture was all by itself for that whole morning.
blue_trooper
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

I assume you aren't running out of disk space?
ericner
Bethesda, MD

ericner

Not running out of space. Both DVRs have external storage and at least 60% of headroom.
blue_trooper
Exton, PA

blue_trooper to ericner

to ericner
What is the "Event Time" of noon when the show is on from 7 to 9 a.m.? If that Event Time is on either of my DVR's I've never noticed it.

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium Member
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA

stevek1949 to ericner

Premium Member

to ericner
said by ericner:

Not running out of space. Both DVRs have external storage and at least 60% of headroom.

I had this exact problem with my 7232 and an external 500GB WD expander. I disabled the external drive, disconnected it, rebooted the STB than reinstalled the drive. Have not had a problem since. Of course, you will loose all of the recordings on the drive.
sbernstein5
join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

sbernstein5

said by stevek1949:

said by ericner:

you will loose all of the recordings on the drive.

Not true. "Ejecting" the drive, disconnecting, and reconnecting -- you of course won't see programs the external drive while it's disconnected....but when you reconnect, your programs on the external drive will show up again.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

1 recommendation

nycdave to stevek1949

MVM

to stevek1949
You would only lose eSATA recordings if you 1. format the drive or 2. plug it into a new DVR.
ericner
Bethesda, MD

ericner

I think it's fixed. Haven't had the problem since I unmounted the 2TB drive, restarted the DVR and the drive, then mounted the drive.