spc
Search similar:

uniqs

stradivari
@alphadetail.com

stradivari

Anon

[TWC] Something happened in recent 2 months

I had TWC (RoadRunner) for the long time without any issues. Last December I've upgraded to Turbo package
They installed new modem Motorola SB6141.
I had to upgrade router to Cisco E1200

Issues started about two months ago. Internet connection goes down and up sporadically. It happens between 8:30 and 7pm. Literally! Can work between 6-8am no one disconnect. After 8:30....boom!!!

After 7pm perfect again.

Countless chats with support didn't help much. They sent resets to the modem, "cleaned signal" and said other BS to make me happy. Minutes after connection failed again. Every time they hear there is a router in between they start requesting to connect it directly. Tried that too. It works. Cannot confirm it fixes the issue because can not leave it like that my home network connecting to some black box without any FW setup?!! By the way they own the modem and I have to pay for it! Finally they scheduled tech guy to come. Was waiting..waiting...waiting... Nobody came. Somebody else next day said "It was not scheduled"

Honestly I don't what to do. There are two rotten monopolies in my area - cable is TW, DSL/U-Verse is ATT. I heard the stories that ATT is even worse. My parents abroad pay half of what I pay here and have 30/10 without any issues.

What makes me angry is that prices always go up while quality goes down.

kw0
Premium Member
join:2004-06-12
New Albany, OH

kw0

Premium Member

Take your modem to the office and swap it with another.