Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DavisPhotog
Flyingphotog
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-26
Santa Rosa, CA

[iPhone] Why are the top iOS apps so buggy?

Facebook and Words With Friends have to be some of the buggiest apps I've ever used. Yet, the coding doesn't have to be written for a multitude of devices like it does for Android, for example. Words With Friends crashes all the time, on different iOS devices, even after reinstalling, and even after updates. Same with Words With Friends. Why do companies with so much money and resources have so many persistent problems with their apps?

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

When Facebook first did the complete rewrite on their app (last summer), I found it worked much better than the original version. Since then, it's gotten slower and slower and crashes more and more frequently (although it's the speed that bothers me, not the crashing, which isn't very often).

Perhaps others aren't experiencing this, but it's been driving me crazy. If it is indeed a FB issue, then it makes no sense that a company like that would release such crap. If it's only me, then nevermind.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
reply to DavisPhotog

Weird, I use WwF several times a day and I can't recall the last time it crashed on me...
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

DavisPhotog
Flyingphotog
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-26
Santa Rosa, CA

It's slightly better after the last update, but will still crash randomly on me.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to darcilicious

said by darcilicious:

Weird, I use WwF several times a day and I can't recall the last time it crashed on me...

Crashes about 10% of the time for me. And the last several updates all promised faster game loading and I've not noticed any improvement at all.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to DavisPhotog

It happened to me a few times. I deleted it and reinstalled it and the crashing stopped.