spc
Search similar:

uniqs
milom98
join:2005-01-30
Bowling Green, KY

milom98

Did Windstream drop ESPN3?

I can't get it to work on my Xbox or computer.

If I try to watch something I get a "We are unable to confirm ESPN3 access. Please verify that you are a customer of an ESPN3 affiliated provider." and a drop down menu that has a very large list of providers but no Windstream.
Slipen
join:2010-04-18
Cairo, GA

Slipen

From their Facebook page:

As of 3/1/2013, Windstream is no longer a partner with ESPN to offer ESPN3 service to customers. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause to our customers who enjoyed this service, however, due to substantial changes made by ESPN to programming available through ESPN3, we have decided to discontinue this service effective immediately. - Amanda.
AZinOH
join:2007-04-25
Swanton, OH

AZinOH

said by Slipen:

From their Facebook page:

As of 3/1/2013, Windstream is no longer a partner with ESPN to offer ESPN3 service to customers. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause to our customers who enjoyed this service, however, due to substantial changes made by ESPN to programming available through ESPN3, we have decided to discontinue this service effective immediately. - Amanda.

Translation: "Due to our inability to reliably stream ESPN3 to our customers during both peak and off-peak hours, Windstream has decided to divert those funds to executive compensation."

jiml
@windstream.net

jiml to milom98

Anon

to milom98
This is extremely disappointing. I tried to watch the baseball game today and discovered this. I have dish network through windstream, which does not carry cox sports channel. I rely on espn3 to watch many college basketball games and baseball games. I will likely discontinue windstream as my isp and television provider because of this.
dtgoodtonid
join:2005-01-16
Lexington, KY

dtgoodtonid to milom98

to milom98
This really sucks! I had hopes they would ADD watch ESPN, not drop ESPN3. This can be a company that seriously could care less about it's customers. This is as bad as the game Dish is playing by not upgrading ESPNU to HD.
Furydeath
join:2010-06-03

Furydeath to milom98

to milom98
said by AZinOH:

Translation: "Due to our inability to reliably stream ESPN3 to our customers during both peak and off-peak hours, Windstream has decided to divert those funds to executive compensation."

Sound's about right to me can barley stream JTV lone something like ESPN or what ever.

BlueArcher
Premium Member
join:2003-03-11
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher to milom98

Premium Member

to milom98
Yeah.. I tried to watch some stuff on ESPN3 while I was out of town this last week and noticed that Windstream was no longer listed on the ISP list. I did a quick search, and at the time the Windstream website still listed ESPN3 as a perk of the service.

I find this to be ridiculous. I was only going to be a Windstream customer for maybe 5-6 more months before I move to Nashville... but they are trying to give away my business before that it seems.
lloyde61
join:2013-01-21
Mifflinburg, PA

lloyde61

Just when you think Windsuck cant get any worse they top themselves . This so called service provider is a BIG JOKE !!!!!!!!!
AZinOH
join:2007-04-25
Swanton, OH

AZinOH to milom98

to milom98
That WS has dropped ESPN3 is a disappointment but not a surprise. However, it isn't a deal-breaker for me. My only real alternative is Time Warner and if it choose it I won't really be better off. I'll gain a little more speed (20 is the highest they offer in my area vs 12 I have now), I'll pay more and get annual price hikes to go with it, and if I take the triple-play I'd have to go with a VOIP phone which I really DON'T want.

I am usually getting close to my 12 MB speed during off-peak hours and I've learned to adjust my usage so as not to do any large downloads during peak time. I need internet so I can telecommute, and as long that that's good then I'm good. If that should change, Time Warner here I come.

dmelahn
join:2011-01-13
Winslow, AR

dmelahn to milom98

to milom98
Is there any way to get it back? My husband watched it all the time. It just does not seem right to cancel it like that with no notice. What is wrong with Windstream?