Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat to squircle

MVM

to squircle

Re: Need to find new sink aerator, company won't return calls!

Did you take the existing parts with you when you visited any of the plumbing supply places??? It could be they have something that will fit, but not under that brand name. I know, I try to always take the old one with me when I have to buy replacement parts. I can't tell you how many times I've been told, "We don't carry that brand", but upon seeing the old one, the clerks/salesmen have found something else that fits/works just as well. There's no better substitute for having the old piece, whether it's broken or worn out, when trying to match up some "off-brand" item. It's been my experience that some of the smaller stores are much more helpful in finding oddball stuff than the big box stores. I deal with several "Mom & Pop" shops and I have nothing but praise for most of them. I've heard more than once, "We don't have that, but 'so-and-so' down the road does!" Often, they'll make the call for me as I stand there... just to verify the other shop has one in stock.

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle

Yes, I brought it along and they were still baffled.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by squircle:

Yes, I brought it along and they were still baffled.

If they are young enough to have pimples or smoke the reefer, they will be baffled by anything.