Search similar:

uniqs

Khan
@bol.net.in

Khan

Anon

Ebay Motor Related Scam

Hello,
Few days ago I was searching for a super bike , used one on an Indian famous selling/buying website known as Olx.in I found a bike, the advert looks legit but was by anonymous user, had pictures etc. I contacted the person and in a day I received following email : -
Hello,
First of all you should know that the bike has a free and clear title,it's in excellent condition, mechanically and aesthetically intact, no
damages, no hidden defects, ready for ride, it has only 2,000 original km on it price : 120.000 .This Yamaha YZF , wide tire kit, extended swing arm is spotless in every way: no
scratches, no dents, no rust, never been laid down.I have all the keys and original manuals.My name is Travelier Hapian and i'm a Spanish architect.
I bought this bike from India this year when I work there to make some project with a big big Indian company from New Delhi.You have a wonderful country.The bike is registered on me name in India has indian number plates , insurance finish in 04.01.2013. you will have no problem to register the bike .
Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have and after that i explain you how can have my bike because i told you i'm back in Spain now and i can't drive the bike here , and because of that i want to sell it.
I hope have your fast email .
Best Regards !
After that I made a reply with few questions and then got a reply the next day, this is reply below : -
Hello
Thank you for your reply !
Since I am unable to come to India personally, because now I am home in Madrid-Spain ,already back here, I've hired eBay Motor from Spain,specialized in International delivery, to represent me.Also I sell my car with eBay 2 week ago.
Now I have my bike with all the document placed at eBay in Spain(Madrid), they have the custody of my bike.
I will explain you step by step who this service work :
1. The final price four me bike is 120.000 Rs., the price of the bike includes: technical inspection , transportation in India( at your home), the NOC to transfer the vehicle registration to your name .The company is responsible for everything.Including the 7% tax and 4.5 % octroi .
2. eBay Motors as usual has done to my bike a general inspection to be sure that the bike is in very good condition, has no problem and can be transported to your address in India without no problem .
3. At this point you'll have make a security deposit 120.000 Rs(BANCK DEPOSIT ). to eBay Motors,the company have to be sure that you have the money for the bike according to the instructions from the invoice. This will be a guarantee that they don't send an agent all the way to India for nothing.
4. After you pay the deposit, and send them the details, eBay Motors will send an agent to India(at your home) in the next 24-48 hours (Monday to Friday).
5. You have 3 days to check the status of the bike. . If you don't like the bike the agent will give you the money back in cash( money you've deposited ) immediately .
6. If you decide to buy it, eBay Motors is responsible for making the new registration.
7. If you agree to the terms of eBay Motors , I need your full name, address, your telephone number and your birth date to start the transaction.
The item 73M4838F705 is no longer available on eBay has expired, it was a free add only 7 days.
For questions about my bike you can call me 0034 -hidden-.CALL ME AFTER 20:00 INDIAN TIME
Waiting your news.
Now after doing little research I found alot of scams related to ebay motor and spain madrid people so I made this topic asking if its really a scam as I am new to ebay motor thing and have no idea of it. Also I sent a mail to him asking the registration no. of bike in my country as he said in mail its registered here and waiting for reply now. Any help?

bangalore
@180.151.121.x

bangalore

Anon

Hello,
First of all you should know that the bike has a free and clear title,it's in excellent condition, mechanically and aesthetically intact, no
damages, no hidden defects, ready for ride, it has only 11,000 original km on it price : 90.000 . The 2012 Royal Enfield G5 , wide tire kit, extended swing arm is spotless in every way: no scratches, no dents, no rust, never been laid down.I have all the keys and original manuals.My name is Travelier Hapian and i'm a Spanish architect.
I bought this bike from India this year when I work there to make some project with a big big Indian company from New Delhi.You have a wonderful country.The bike is registered on me name in India has indian number plates , insurance finish in 04.01.2013. you will have no problem to register the bike .
Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have and after that i explain you how can have my bike because i told you i'm back in Spain now and i can't drive the bike here , and because of that i want to sell it.
Best Regards !

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

1 recommendation

Snowy to Khan

Premium Member

to Khan
said by Khan :

I will explain you ...

General rule of thumb...
Whenever the deal needs an explanation it's a scam.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to bangalore

Premium Member

to bangalore
said by bangalore :

Hello,
damages, no hidden defects, ready for ride, it has only 11,000 original km on it price : 90.000 ...

Is this an honest-to-God scammer posting on a scam exposure site? Wow, now that takes some brass.

To the OP, yes, it's a scam through and through. There is no "E-Bay Motors" that works that way, they don't escrow money. Look for a real deal that's local to you.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to Khan

Premium Member

to Khan
I usually stop reading when they state it's "free and clear". When they start off saying that everyting is good, no dings, dents, or in this case "aesthetically intact", click delete and move on.

Scam.

Khan
@bol.net.in

Khan to Khan

Anon

to Khan
Thanks people for helping me, I almost thought that it's legit until I started suspecting the weird things in his mail's. Found out alot of scammers out there.

A_B_C
@106.51.104.x

A_B_C to Khan

Anon

to Khan
This time it was
Hello,
damages, no hidden defects, ready for ride, it has only 1,112 original km on it price : 70.000 INR . The Aprilia RSV4 R , wide tire kit, extended swing arm is spotless in every way: no
scratches, no dents, no rust, never been laid down.I have all the keys and original manuals.My name is Travelier Hapian and i'm a Spanish architect.
Best Regards !

rzaruba
join:2000-08-04

1 recommendation

rzaruba to pcdebb

to pcdebb
I usually stop when it begins with "First of all."

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis to Khan

Mod

to Khan
Wow cut and paste scam. Too lazy to even put any real effort into it really. So sad.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to Khan

Premium Member

to Khan

Re: Olx.in scam, nothing to do with eBay at all.

said by Khan :

Hello,
Few days ago I was searching for a super bike , used one on an Indian famous selling/buying website known as Olx.in I found a bike, the advert looks legit but was by anonymous user,

If you are not buying on the eBay Motors Web Site »www.ebay.com/motors then eBay is not involved at all and you are talking to a scammer. Period, no chance that it is real.

»pages.motors.ebay.com/bu ··· dex.html
quote:
Alert: Auto scams on Craigslist and other online classified ad sites

eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection covers only certain vehicle transactions that are completed ON eBay.com. If a Craigslist seller "promises" you eBay protection programs, walk away. It is fraudulent. Learn more.

Common warning signs:

•A great deal that sounds too good to pass up
•Seller can't meet in person because of a number of reasons (i.e., they are a soldier in Iraq or they left the vehicle in a "local shipping company")
•Seller claims to have made arrangements with eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection or Finance Centers
•Seller requests payment by money wire via Western Union or MoneyGram

Ajay Prabith
@tataidc.co.in

Ajay Prabith to Khan

Anon

to Khan

Re: Ebay Motor Related Scam

its really fake man... see this ..
Hello
Thank you for your reply !
Since I am unable to come to India personally, because now I am home in Madrid-Spain ,already back here, I've hired eBay Motor from Spain,specialized in International delivery, to represent me.Also I sell my car with eBay 2 week ago.
Now I have my bike with all the document placed at eBay in Spain(Madrid), they have the custody of my bike.
I will explain you step by step who this service work :
1. The final price four me bike is 120.000 Rs., the price of the bike includes: technical inspection , transportation in India( at your home), the NOC to transfer the vehicle registration to your name .The company is responsible for everything.Including the 7% tax and 4.5 % octroi .
2. eBay Motors as usual has done to my bike a general inspection to be sure that the bike is in very good condition, has no problem and can be transported to your address in India without no problem .
3. At this point you'll have make a security deposit 120.000 Rs(BANCK DEPOSIT ). to eBay Motors,the company have to be sure that you have the money for the bike according to the instructions from the invoice. This will be a guarantee that they don't send an agent all the way to India for nothing.
4. After you pay the deposit, and send them the details, eBay Motors will send an agent to India(at your home) in the next 24-48 hours (Monday to Friday).
5. You have 3 days to check the status of the bike. . If you don't like the bike the agent will give you the money back in cash( money you've deposited ) immediately .
6. If you decide to buy it, eBay Motors is responsible for making the new registration.
7. If you agree to the terms of eBay Motors , I need your full name, address, your telephone number and your birth date to start the transaction.
The item 73M4838F705 is no longer available on eBay has expired, it was a free add only 7 days.
For questions about my bike you can call me 0034 602455902.CALL ME AFTER 20:00 INDIAN TIME
Waiting your news.

this is d mesg i got when reply in olx yesterday asking abt cbr 600

redeemer
@co.in

redeemer

Anon

haha, I am also playing with the same madrid guy for a R1 for 110000rs ... lets play with him more. I have told him i am ready to continue the transaction with escrow.com.

we can trap these guys easily, lets give the address as some public place and inform police too! i am using a fake iD for communication with him through a CGI proxy. lets play
harald
join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH

harald

Public place?

He has no intention of ever meeting you. You deposit the money, he takes it. Game over.