Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

1 recommendation

reply to mityfowl

Re: New Dishwasher install

I saw a suggestion while reading on this topic elsewhere to use rubber foam pipe insulation (like you would use on the condenser pipe between your air conditioner compressor coolant line). It is black and smooth-rubbery and could be cut to fit and tucked into the gap. Sounds like a cheap solution.

My Bosch brand dishwasher came with flat black rubber trim pieces attached to the sides already. They folded in as necessary from their naturally-extended position to close any gaps on the sides.

These guys sell some kits, and your manufacturer may have one, too.
»www.repairclinic.com/Dishwasher-Trim-Parts
--
nohup rm -fr /&

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL
Hey, that's a good idea! Might even help in reducing the sound a few decibels as an added bonus??

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

1 recommendation

Yep. And already resistant to the moisture as it is rubber.
--
nohup rm -fr /&

mityfowl
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX
reply to sempergoofy
said by sempergoofy:

I saw a suggestion while reading on this topic elsewhere to use rubber foam pipe insulation (like you would use on the condenser pipe between your air conditioner compressor coolant line). It is black and smooth-rubbery and could be cut to fit and tucked into the gap. Sounds like a cheap solution.

My Bosch brand dishwasher came with flat black rubber trim pieces attached to the sides already. They folded in as necessary from their naturally-extended position to close any gaps on the sides.

These guys sell some kits, and your manufacturer may have one, too.
»www.repairclinic.com/Dishwasher-Trim-Parts

My cousin is in the appliance repair business. Used to be a Maytag shop. He was surprised it didn't come with the rubber inserts.

He's looking to see if he has some not used ones in his shop.

I'm sort of leaning toward the flat black paint.

bengregg

join:2013-03-12
Last week i have also installed dish washer with the help of helper. It is fixed and fit very accurately.