uniqs

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

Oregon Company to Sell Drone Defense Technology to Public

quote:
Do you want to keep drones out of your backyard?

An Oregon company says that it has developed and will soon start selling technology that disables unmanned aircraft.

»www.usnews.com/news/arti ··· o-public

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck

MVM

I need that!

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

quote:
Do you want to keep drones out of your backyard?

An Oregon company says that it has developed and will soon start selling technology that disables unmanned aircraft.

»www.usnews.com/news/arti ··· o-public

And who will be the buyers for this expensive(their words) technology that will block police drones. Why, criminals, drug dealers, etc.

Raphion
join:2000-10-14
Samsara

Raphion to StuartMW

to StuartMW
said by usanews :

The company will sell land-based boxes that are "non-offensive, non-combative and not destructive." According to the company, "drones will not fall from the sky, but they will be unable to complete their missions."

Though Faucett wouldn't discuss specifics, he says the boxes do not interfere with a drone's navigation system and that it doesn't involve "jamming of any kind."

This is very..... strange. I'm not sure what that leaves. Maybe it flashes a really big, neon, "Please go away" sign?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Raphion:

said by usanews :

The company will sell land-based boxes that are "non-offensive, non-combative and not destructive." According to the company, "drones will not fall from the sky, but they will be unable to complete their missions."

Though Faucett wouldn't discuss specifics, he says the boxes do not interfere with a drone's navigation system and that it doesn't involve "jamming of any kind."

This is very..... strange. I'm not sure what that leaves. Maybe it flashes a really big, neon, "Please go away" sign?

Leave it to the PC marketing types to take all of the enjoyment out of something.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium Member
join:2007-08-13
Philippines

1 edit

chrisretusn to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
Yeah, right, so the company says. Yeah that drone overhead.... don't worry about it, it can't complete it's mission... trust us. Our expensive black box works... trust us.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to Raphion

Premium Member

to Raphion
said by Raphion:

said by usanews :

It involves...

A big black tarp!

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to StuartMW

to StuartMW
Sooner or later another country will do this as a testing ground for anti-drone measures.
quote:
About Us

Domestic Drone Countermeasures LLC, is a privately held U.S. Corporation located in Oregon City, OR, USA.

DDC LLC is an OEM and Consultant that Designs, Develops and Manufactures Countermeasure Hardware Solutions and related Peripheral Systems and Software.

DDC LLC manufactures all products in the United States of America using American made components when available or DDC LLC custom designed components that are manufactured in the United States by DDC LLC or its sub-contractors.

DDC LLC staff have signifigant experience in aircraft, military and high-end commercial systems to provide complex specification compliant solutions that work and are able to survive in mobile applications and harsh environments.
»domesticdronecountermeas ··· tus.html

StuartMW
Premium Member

StuartMW

Premium Member

I wish that Phasers were real

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness

If you forgot to mention that they weren't real you could probably sell them like hotcakes on survivalist sites.

StuartMW
Premium Member

1 recommendation

StuartMW

Premium Member

True but then I'd have to have them preset to "stun" only
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
Good start... Who needs those spying drones flying in our skies? Perhaps only control freaks, who want to put everyone around in their cage...

Hope more companies will join that effort soon.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

Wanke LaPierre, of the National Drone Association, suggests that armed drones ought to be installed in all hgh schools.

"Only a good guy with a drone can stop a bad guy with a drone".

StuartMW
Premium Member

StuartMW

Premium Member

Yes well the English words

droned

and

droning

now have alternate meanings (killed by a drone, killing by drones).

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness

tl/droned
Finger2208
join:2001-04-07
Lindale, TX

Finger2208 to OZO

to OZO
said by OZO:

Good start... Who needs those spying drones flying in our skies? Perhaps only control freaks, who want to put everyone around in their cage...

Hope more companies will join that effort soon.

Couldn't agree more! With the likes of companies like Google, our illustrious AmeriKan government, etc. it seems they are more willing than ever to cross the creepy line.

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW

not only foils hats - foils drones too ;-)

I don't know, it sort of looks like an upside down cupcake tin.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

That's not the mil spec model.

StuartMW
Premium Member

StuartMW to Snowy

Premium Member

to Snowy
Made in China???

GadgetsRme
RIP lilhurricane and CJ
Premium Member
join:2002-01-30
Canon City, CO

GadgetsRme

Premium Member

said by StuartMW:

Made in China???

Probably not even real tin foil.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

50% lead I'll bet.

GadgetsRme
RIP lilhurricane and CJ
Premium Member
Canon City, CO

GadgetsRme

Premium Member

said by Juggernaut:

50% lead I'll bet.

Along with some Cadmium and Magnesium to make the lead elastic enough and strong enough to be pressed to the shape required.

StuartMW
Premium Member

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by GadgetsRme:

Along with some Cadmium and Magnesium...

So if the drones don't kill ya the heavy metal poisoning will At least there'll be a body to bury...

GadgetsRme
RIP lilhurricane and CJ
Premium Member
Canon City, CO

GadgetsRme

Premium Member

Yeppers, two features for the price of one.

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy to Juggernaut

Premium Member

to Juggernaut
said by Juggernaut:

50% lead I'll bet.

Useful for areas prone to wind gusts.
Expand your moderator at work