join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to JeanInNepean

Re: [DSL] 25M/10M Service at a Glorious 6Mbps speed

said by JeanInNepean:

said by Mephistos:

I've turned off the modem and unplugged it for 10 minutes repeatedly. The thing is, when I spoke to TSI's support staff they told me the profile is STILL set to 6M. Bell's ticket is completed, and reports the new upgraded speed at 6M. So WTF?

Yes, the Bell tech probably just forgot to switch your profile. For some reason they always do the install at the lower speeds and then upgrade the profile a few minutes/hours/day later... Your speed will be upgraded eventually.

This seems to be done to ensure the highest possibility of sync at the onset, then they turn up the profile based on the line readings once the modem is in place. Probably a good idea as the opposite (setting everyone for their designated profile) would result in a lot of wasted time with techs questioning why modems won't sync - looking for possible wiring issues, etc.

If you can get sync at 3Mbps and the stats look good you know the wiring is probably ok and you can ramp up where possible.

taraf

join:2011-05-07
Stittsville, ON

Not sure why I'm thinking it, but I'd like to see the results of a speed test....

Mephistos

join:2010-06-20
reply to kovy

kovy, FYI, I was polite while expressing my displeasure creatively, though not offensively, not personally, on the Bell Direct forum. But for whatever reason you have taken my self-aware ranting on a posting in this public forum as something personally offensive to you, so I entreat you to find your own psychological help.

The rant was is not a personal affront, or even remotely directed at you, but if you are taking it that way because you've burnt out as a customer service rep, after dealing with many frustrated customers because of your organizations obvious and systemic incompetence, point the fingers back at the source of the problem. I treat other people as I'd like to be treated - however if you work for an organization that systemically disrespects people... well then. I pity people who do phone support for Rogers Wireless, people totally justified in being upset at how they are being jerked around. I pity them, that doesn't mean I'll spare them my frustration, but it also doesn't mean I get on the phone to be verbally abusive with them. Expressing anger and frustration about an organization someone works for isn't the same thing as being abusive. Have you become so desensitized to the consistently BAD experiences of clients in the telecom industry that you've finally drank the cool-aid - that this is just the way it is, so be NICE about it and we'll do our half-assed best, if we feel like it, when we feel like it, as a favour to you, because that's what customer service is about? That's abusive. It's a dysfunctional co-dependent relationship, which I never agreed to in the first place, but I'm stuck with, because it's either that or no services at ALL. Getting tech support tickets handled by Bell is like dealing with a junkie family member, you want them very much to do what they've agreed to, you know like getting some groceries with the money you've given them, you even give them TONNES of chances, but they continually and consistently disappoint, and ask for more money to actually deliver what they originally agree to in the first place.. So your whine about treatment sounds to me like a junkie's whine - but you got mad at me - to which I say, well what were you expecting?

And kovy, I doubt very highly that you could actually influence the outcome of this installation, or the previous nightmare I had to go through, which I suspect may be repeated as this simple speed change plays out. What I have been expressing here is my disgust and distrust of the "process" which left me unattended and adversely affected my ability to do business in October of 2012, and suspicion of getting the same now as they try, to you know, actually deliver a service as they have already been paid, are also required to be paid in advance to do? My suspicion, and what I've been told by the one 2nd tier Bell Tech who actually showed up at my place the last time is that the contracting company that Bell has hired in my neighbourhood doesn't have a clue what they are doing, and Bell has to send their good people to consistently fix these screw-ups, something which they will never admit on a ticket. This is because Bell doesn't want to keep the good techs on salary, so these lower paid contractors keep cutting corners because they are just not paid enough to do any better.

As for your personal opinion of people who do business at home, wow. A sole proprietorship doesn't have a corporate sized budget. As if the chaos of moving from one home to another wasn't trouble enough, the DSL service move was completely borked, I had my bill paid, I made the request in due time, I had my wireless USB through Wind... Yeah I was ready for some downtime, just not 3 weeks worth.

To justify bad service because clients aren't paying a business "premium" is compounding terrible service with terrible business policy, and it entirely customer unfriendly. Need I remind you again Bell is a monopoly, there are NO alternatives?

If you've ever run a business yourself you would know the challenges involved, maybe then perhaps you'd STFU, about people with my point of view. This is a point of view, which I might add is a direct result of repeatedly BAD experiences as a client. To differentiate business clients by providing them bad but better service and to treat "consumer" clients as rabble, as a mass, that's the undemocratic attitude that a monopoly takes, it's one of the problems in our society today, where corporations exercise their interests at everyone's expense, that's what your attitude expresses here, and totally proves my point.

I will take a nod re: business level services vs. residential in terms of SLAs, having a good SLA is probably worth the extra $ monthly, however Bell's sales people freak out and hang up their annoying little chat window that pops up when you confront them about SLAs. They won't actually tell you up front, because they are not willing to admit they have shittier SLAs for residential clients. One guy actually had the gall to suggest that the installation technitian would provide me with the SLA information when they'd come by to do the installation - this is with a year's contract I might add - a contract I would be required to sign without being able to tell me all the details about what they would actually agree to do. Yeah. Wow. Here's your WOW buddy.

And lets address the point you made about a backup connection. Especially the attitude if you don't have a back-up you deserved it BS. Yeah, nice try. How about - Bell doesn't deliver, consistently, fails to delivery on anything they promise. Period. You're LUCKY if they actually manage to delivery something on time without a hassle. So I had a backup, a contingency plan, but it was a contingency, an alternative, not a *Replacement*. Bell's Business Services offer DIAL-UP as a backup. Yeah, try running an office on DIALUP for 19 days. That MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! Your expectation is BS and unreasonable. Your attitude "you should be prepared for a company to screw you over and have another way of doing things" at an unreasonable expense isn't logical either.

What sounds logical is consistently getting decent service, when paid for up front, setup when scheduled, repaired within a reasonable time, with proper communication of what is actually happening to all the stakeholders, when things don't go as planned. It's how I treat my clients, I communicate with them, I'm honest, I let them know exactly what the situation is and we work it out. If I treated my clients the way Bell operates their DSL provisioning they would fire my ass. I happen to know from a few others that they are not much better with their business support practices. And a few of those people who are with Bell, have one of their VPs on speed dial and call them any time they get jerked around by support in getting their DSL services back up, just to get them to meet their agreed upon SLA.

Lets frame this absurdity even further with the fact that I'm not even Bell's client but if you want DSL in Ontario, it's by their rules and by their whims alone that you can acquire that kind of service. Teksavvy works around this the best they can, but even they cannot prevent massive and epic failures which repeatedly happen.

So now back to your fiction. If you believe you could actually pull strings somewhere within Bell's organization for them to expedite something they were contractually obliged to do in the first place, prove it.

If you want to punish me, by an omission of some implausible ability to assist in something I have every reason to doubt you could do, because you think I'm not a "nice person", I'll find myself profoundly emotionally wounded. Ow. Feel free to abandon me to the kafkaesque bureaucrazy of Bell's antagonistic reseller support relationships and unreasonable delays. I literally can't tell the difference with or without your "help", but it will be missed.

Your personal attacks here, and criticism of my opinion and my point of view, which are a direct result of my unpleasant service experience, are simply opinions of your own, and heavily biased at that. They have been discarded for all they are worth. So please, feel free to avail me with your immediate and permanent silence on this topic.

Thanks.

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL

>And kovy, I doubt very highly that you could actually influence the outcome of this installation

You're probably wrong but you burned that bridge.

I would say you have burned a lot of bridges on bbr with your ranting.

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Mephistos

said by Mephistos:

I will take a nod re: business level services vs. residential in terms of SLAs

There is NO SLA for residential service, I don't know about the business service.

Mephistos

reply to JeanInNepean

said by JeanInNepean:

Yes, the Bell tech probably just forgot to switch your profile. For some reason they always do the install at the lower speeds and then upgrade the profile a few minutes/hours/day later... Your speed will be upgraded eventually.

I am confident I will eventually get upgraded properly. I'm just worried because of what it took the last time and the reputation the contracting company has in my area. I had the service installed at this location once before, without a hitch, first day. Round two a year later, and 19 day hell.

So I have no idea if they have to change my copper pair to do this upgrade. If they do, I might find myself cut off. The last time a 2nd tier tech came in here and (almost) saved the day, he fixed some screw-ups on the copper pairs that some other techs did. Before the day was done however, those techs came back and butchered his setup. I had to open about 6 tickets for them to get that sorted out from beginning to end - so I am concerned that might happen here once they try to upgrade me properly because somewhere something's upgraded but it isn't connected to my dry loop.

Mephistos

reply to bjlockie

said by bjlockie:

Really? And to be clear, you mean to say that there are people here, reading postings on TekSavvy forums that can have actually have enough influence at Bell to suddenly and spontaneously complete an install that should have happened days ago?

Forgive me if I find that incredibly hard to believe, I have had no evidence to the contrary. I had no idea that the Internet business worked this way. I came on here to share my experience previously and the current one and the level of insanity it is.

What you are describing to me is what I thought that is what support escalation channels were for. To my knowledge, most business operations involve tech support handling these kind of problems.

But now you're telling me someone else can help? How? Who? Why? How are people supposed to know this?

Educate me, because you have my attention. I want to know how this works.

My rant was born of the frustration of not having any alternative but to swallow the unacceptable level of support that Bell was providing TekSavvy. So if there's something that people on this forum can provide, I want to know what it is, honestly.

I don't need technical help with my modem, I know modems, I know DSL, and I can do tonnes of diagnosis myself. But what I can't do is bend someone's ear at Bell to fix my order, I have to go through TekSavvy, and they have to open tickets which I get to risk $87 arbitrary charges for every time they open one. I've done all the wiring myself at home. Seriously, what can people on here help me with that I could have avoided alienating by having a frustrated rant?

Mephistos

reply to notfred

said by notfred:

What's going on is the standard B-Hell F-Up. You are lucky you have a modem that will sync to both ADSL and VDSL otherwise you would be without any Internet connection at all.

Dude, don't I know it. That is my one saving grace, I have deadlines next week so if this goes to hell again, which I think it can, I'm going to have a painful time working around it.

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Mephistos

said by Mephistos:

said by bjlockie:

Really? And to be clear, you mean to say that there are people here, reading postings on TekSavvy forums that can have actually have enough influence at Bell to suddenly and spontaneously complete an install that should have happened days ago?

Forgive me if I find that incredibly hard to believe, I have had no evidence to the contrary. I had no idea that the Internet business worked this way. I came on here to share my experience previously and the current one and the level of insanity it is.

What you are describing to me is what I thought that is what support escalation channels were for. To my knowledge, most business operations involve tech support handling these kind of problems.

But now you're telling me someone else can help? How? Who? Why? How are people supposed to know this?

Educate me, because you have my attention. I want to know how this works.

My rant was born of the frustration of not having any alternative but to swallow the unacceptable level of support that Bell was providing TekSavvy. So if there's something that people on this forum can provide, I want to know what it is, honestly.

I don't need technical help with my modem, I know modems, I know DSL, and I can do tonnes of diagnosis myself. But what I can't do is bend someone's ear at Bell to fix my order, I have to go through TekSavvy, and they have to open tickets which I get to risk $87 arbitrary charges for every time they open one. I've done all the wiring myself at home. Seriously, what can people on here help me with that I could have avoided alienating by having a frustrated rant?

If you had come here and stated your problem instead of ranting then someone might have helped solved your problem.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Mephistos

said by Mephistos:

said by bjlockie:

Forgive me if I find that incredibly hard to believe, I have had no evidence to the contrary.

Actually there's a long history of Bell techs visiting these forums as well as our IRC channel, who will offer to help with troubleshooting and profile issues...

They're usually techies & tinkerers just like many of us here so it's not like it's a sin to help a wholesale ISP customer, because they understand the BS that Bell sometimes puts them thru even for their own customers.

But I doubt anyone will offer you a helping hand after the attitude you've shown in this thread.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Mephistos

said by HiVolt:

Actually there's a long history of Bell techs visiting these forums as well as our IRC channel, who will offer to help with troubleshooting and profile issues...

They're usually techies & tinkerers just like many of us here so it's not like it's a sin to help a wholesale ISP customer, because they understand the BS that Bell sometimes puts them thru even for their own customers.

But I doubt anyone will offer you a helping hand after the attitude you've shown in this thread.

By helping hand do you mean they'll show up in person and push through my ticket or give me tech tips I don't need on how to tweak my 25/10 modem on a 6M profile?

Mephistos

1 edit
reply to bjlockie

said by bjlockie:

If you had come here and stated your problem instead of ranting then someone might have helped solved your problem.

You've failed to answer my question of how they would have helped solve my problem? Would they have pulled strings within Bell to actually make my ticket happen?

I doubt they are allowed to do that, that's an internal Bell issue. As far as my attitude, if you had gone through what I did, would you be optimistic and in your happy place?

I'd like to see a Bell tech come onto this thread and condemn me themselves, for my attitude.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Mephistos

said by Mephistos:

By helping hand do you mean they'll show up in person and push through my ticket or give me tech tips I don't need on how to tweak my 25/10 modem on a 6M profile?

Well that depends on the situation and their location, but I have had one tech help get a line transferred from CO to remote, and numerous profile fixes from various techs on different lines...
--

Mephistos

reply to Mephistos

I think the point of this posting is what has been missed.

Bell screwed up.

I didn't actually ask anyone here for technical help as this IS NOT a tech issue on my end!

There's literally nothing I could do on my end that would make things different. To solve this problem there is no technical assistance the experienced people on this forum could provide. The issue is administrative and within Bell.

I've been told to open a ticket, restart my modem, to be patient, to mind my attitude. You know what, I wouldn't be on this forum if I hadn't already tried every means at my disposal to get this working.

All I did was vent, describe the issue (Bell's administrative ineptitude) and ask to know why this was poorly handled.

Several claims have been made that there are people here who could help with that, which I've supposedly "burned bridges" with. I don't think there's anyone in this forum in a position to help with that, if there is, I invite them to state as much, whether or not they are willing to help.

What I've been brought to understand is:

A) Ranting = Bad
B) Shut Up and Wait = Good (even if you wait for weeks)
C) Reboot your modem (whether or not you've done that umptine times)
D) People are here to Help (supposedly) but only if they like what you say or how you say it
E) Ranting = Bad
F) I'm Residential Internet Scum, I should know better and pay a business premium for the privilege of not being treated as scum
G) I've burned bridges, because see A) & E)
I) Had I been nice enough a fairly well connected benevolent individual would make it all better.
H) Ranting = Bad
J) We don't like you, see A), E) & H)

The ticket I have opened has been updated with a mysterious "Task 3" whatever that means. The people who could answer this won't be in until tomorrow. So yeah.

So far the only relevant things that have been mentioned by anyone were by SHARPSHARK, notfred, JeanInNepean, SimplePanda, taraf.

And this just in:

said by HiVolt:

Well that depends on the situation and their location, but I have had one tech help get a line transferred from CO to remote, and numerous profile fixes from various techs on different lines...

That sounds like a decent assist. Too bad I have to find out about this after pissing so many people off because of my bad attitude. But I'll chicken and the egg the question of my bad experiences along with my attitude and chalk up the rest to the fact of my own profound ignorance. Perhaps if I had been nice enough, or perhaps if, you know, the order had been done right the first time.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Look, wholesale services be it DSL or Cable are simply vulnerable to these types of screwups.

My VDSL install was uneventful, but the tech that was supposed to switch my line from CO to Remote and check my line quality at the house didn't come to the house at all. And the tech that was supposed to install the POTS splitter came at 9pm so i told him to leave as he's not gonna mess in my basement at 9pm, I asked for the pots splitter and i installed it myself.

Not only that, i had issues with upload speed, it was 25/7 then, and i was only getting like 5meg, not because of line quality or distance but because bell was sending wrongly flashed modems to people.

I had offers of help from bell techs to adjust profiles, as well as a forum member to swap a modem with him which had different firmware, to narrrow down the issue which it did. Everyone learned from this issue as i was posting the results...

That's just the life on wholesale... sometimes when it rains it pours, but to me it's worth it not being a direct customer of the major telco/cableco.
--

Mephistos

said by HiVolt:

Look, wholesale services be it DSL or Cable are simply vulnerable to these types of screwups.

My VDSL install was uneventful, but the tech that was supposed to switch my line from CO to Remote and check my line quality at the house didn't come to the house at all. And the tech that was supposed to install the POTS splitter came at 9pm so i told him to leave as he's not gonna mess in my basement at 9pm, I asked for the pots splitter and i installed it myself.

Not only that, i had issues with upload speed, it was 25/7 then, and i was only getting like 5meg, not because of line quality or distance but because bell was sending wrongly flashed modems to people.

I had offers of help from bell techs to adjust profiles, as well as a forum member to swap a modem with him which had different firmware, to narrrow down the issue which it did. Everyone learned from this issue as i was posting the results...

That's just the life on wholesale... sometimes when it rains it pours, but to me it's worth it not being a direct customer of the major telco/cableco.

I agree, it's not worth being a direct customer.

As for the issues you had - I haven't even gotten to that stage...

When initially ordered the upgrade to my service at the beginning of the month I was very hesitant. It was such a HUGE hassle the last time they did anything to my line (ie - the move to my current location). I didn't want a repeat. Now I anticipate the same kind of jerking around. Right now I have internet, but I don't know what will happen next. My line has been repeatedly qualified for 25/10, if it can only do 25/7, that's still cool.

The big issue for me is how badly it was handled the last time and if I'm going to get the same lack of service. As I've said previously in the thread, the main culprit seems to be the 3rd party contractor that handles my neighbourhood. These guys came in there and literally undid work that a Tier2 Bell tech came and fixed less than 2 hours after he left my place with working services.

I've had the POTS splitter installed. If the Bell guys did anything, it didn't update my profile. I put in a ticket to "max out" the profile and I get told by TSI support that oh, they maxed it to 6M. So I'm thinking... oh that's just great, here we go again. Hence I'm here. Waiting. Waiting until Monday for the next step in this journey of I don't know how long it will take and no real answers from the people who are implementing the work (Bell) as to what they are actually doing. Task 3? What is that? I get the impression that they hooked up my dry loop to some unconventional thing to get it working the last time, and whatever was done at the Node wasn't done to my Dry Loop. This is just speculation, but you can see where I'm going with this - no information or communication. If I was still a tech I could walk over there, pop it open and figure it out myself, but I'm left at the mercies of 48 hour tickets and 0 explanations for what was done the last time.

Oh and to that fellow who was asking for line stats, I don't know how to get the Sagecom modem (at least I couldn't find any) to display line stats. All I can do is copy and paste logs. If someone can point out where to find those, I'll post it.

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL

»Firmware + Sagemcom Modem + Help

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

I believe that's no longer relevant since bell closed that loophole with the later automatic firmware updates...
--

Mephistos

reply to Mephistos

TekSavvy's person who does some of the processing w/ Bell called this morning. Apparently "Task 3" on the ticket is "Action Immediately". They asked me to open a ($87 risk me) ticket. Apparently Bell enabled the speed while I was on the phone with her, as soon as the ticket was filed. Why this didn't happen last Wednesday, or when the first ticket was issued, on Thursday or Friday, I do not know. Seems like switch flipping to me. I'd like to know.

If someone on the forum had anything to do with this, please let me know. Otherwise, Thanks to Nikki from TekSavvy for putting the action in which got the nice person this morning to help me. I was surprised that the profile was updated and the "auto" setting on the modem actually worked so well.

There's a tech from Bell coming here (unnecessarily) on Monday, even though the profile change is installed and is working. Seems more like 9M than 10M upload, but I'm not complaining, this is significantly faster than 800k upload.

I'm hoping they don't knock the service offline. Here's fingers crossed. Now to upload those 100GB of video files to my server...

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

I believe that's no longer relevant since bell closed that loophole with the later automatic firmware updates...

This is correct. Latest versions of the firmware don't allow this anymore as far as I can tell (at least my Sagemcom doesn't).

Mephistos

said by SimplePanda:

This is correct. Latest versions of the firmware don't allow this anymore as far as I can tell (at least my Sagemcom doesn't).

So no work around for line stats on the latest updates.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Mephistos:

said by SimplePanda:

So no work around for line stats on the latest updates.

No, but you can request for the stats from TekSavvy, as they have a tool to view them, to see what your current profile is, current sync rate, SNR & attenuation as well as estimated distance.
--

taraf

join:2011-05-07
Stittsville, ON
reply to Mephistos

I put in a ticket to "max out" the profile and I get told by TSI support that oh, they maxed it to 6M.
Perhaps your terminology is the problem. Rather than asking them to "max out" the profile, maybe they should ask Bell to apply the correct speed profile for the 25/10 service, or to activate the line.

I'm still waiting for you to post the results of a speed test, btw... I know that you say that this is what you got when you asked them for the line stats, but my understanding of how Bell works is that it may not actually require a port change to go from 6M to 25M, and it's possible that the port simply hadn't been activated as of the last time they checked.

TSI Danielle
Premium
join:2012-05-31
kudos:11
reply to Mephistos

Hi Mephistos,

I'm sorry that you've had an uncomfortable experience so far. I'd like to help the issue. Could you post in the »TekSavvy Direct and give us your account information. I can have a look into this issue for you and help get this resolved.

Thanks,
Danielle
--
TSI Danielle
Social Media Relations
Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

Danielle is top quality!

Mephistos

1 edit
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

No, but you can request for the stats from TekSavvy, as they have a tool to view them, to see what your current profile is, current sync rate, SNR & attenuation as well as estimated distance.

Right, which is what I expected to do anyway, but no stats at home, w/ your own equipment. Not important to me anyway, as long as the upstream is higher than 800k, this is serving me well. Currently they've squeezed in 26M/11M so I'd say this is done.

Thanks to everyone with supportive responses, meh to the rest. Especially funny for the "you're on residential DSL running a business" quip, which is frankly why the majority of users switched to TekSavvy back in like... 2005! (We could get a static IP) Confirmed that Business and Residential DSL has exactly the same SLA, none. Love it.... Have a backup he says.... HAHAHAHAHA!

Take care guys.

Mephistos

reply to taraf

said by taraf:

Perhaps your terminology is the problem. Rather than asking them to "max out" the profile, maybe they should ask Bell to apply the correct speed profile for the 25/10 service, or to activate the line.

I'm still waiting for you to post the results of a speed test, btw... I know that you say that this is what you got when you asked them for the line stats, but my understanding of how Bell works is that it may not actually require a port change to go from 6M to 25M, and it's possible that the port simply hadn't been activated as of the last time they checked.

Hi taraf,

I'm about to wrap up the thread for my own purposes here, but I'll take the time to answer your points, since you're interested.

I wasn't sure what the situation was either, if they'd have to change my port or not. Regarding my use of language I was quoting TekSupport - of course it should have requested to change the profile last week, but I don't know the wording that was used in the ticket, or I would provide that for you.>

What I can confirm for you is that the port was changed around 9am Sunday morning, which was a nice surprise to wake up to. Still no explanation as to why it happened on a Sunday after chasing them and opening 3 different tickets instead of just happening as scheduled for the original order.

If you want the results of the speed test posted here for academic reasons I'll ask TSI Support to e-mail it to me. Over the phone as of noon today it's at 50% capacity for download and 76% capacity for upload, and my speed profile is currently 26/11 of which I cannot complain at all.

Mephistos

1 edit
reply to TSI Danielle

said by TSI Danielle:

Hi Mephistos,

I'm sorry that you've had an uncomfortable experience so far. I'd like to help the issue. Could you post in the »TekSavvy Direct and give us your account information. I can have a look into this issue for you and help get this resolved.

Thanks,
Danielle

Thanks Danielle,

Already resolved it with support, this time, without downtime which is great. I can say that the last experience I had with a change over was far more traumatic than this however - but also totally not in TekSavvy's control. I have to give kudos to TSI's support people for being patient and helpful throughout the process - despite the fact that by and large not being able to do much except wait for Bell to get their act together.

I would have posted to the TekSavvy direct forum if I thought it would expedite things, but since this was just Bell doing their usual number on a reseller customer, doing who knows what with their tickets (I don't know if they were ignored or bumped or what), I came here to "put it out there" how bad things had been. Well that and I didn't see a need to use the forum to duplicate the effort your support staff were already doing.

If posting to TekSavvy Direct forum could provide me with a detailed post mortem to this installation delay as well as the one in October, I'd be interested to know, but I don't know how much useful information you can glean from your system. The interesting stuff is probably tucked away on the internal Bell database.

Many thanks.