Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to ilikeme

Premium Member

to ilikeme

Re: RANT: Ragu "Double Cheddar Sauce"

said by ilikeme:

It's Ragu. You actually expected it to be good?

This would have been my response. Ragu is disgusting.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Indeed, it IS disgusting.

Don't worry, I won't buy their crap again.

I only had 4 dollars for food. enough for some pasta and the sauce.
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

NoHereNoMo

Ragu makes dozens of styles/flavors. You bought one their more "esoteric" products and--surprise--didn't much like it. (I've been using Ragu tomato-based spaghetti sauces for decades. They're certainly no worse than anyone else's.) However, if you truly are simply lactose intolerant, then you should try using a probiotic to--a lesser or greater degree--eliminate the bacteria from your gut which are the real culprit for the symptoms of "lactose intolerance". On the other hand, if you have a dairy allergy, then there's really not a lot you can do but stay away from dairy foods. You may also need to watch out for being allergic to wheat (pasta).

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to nonymous

to nonymous
said by nonymous:

Sodium 460mg

There is the problem... need to triple the sodium

@OP these cost more but are pretty tasty »www.mezzetta.com/our-pro ··· a-sauces

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Thorndale, ON

danawhitaker to La Luna

Premium Member

to La Luna
said by La Luna:

As others have mentioned, it would be more cost effective to make your own sauce and then freeze it. And it will taste better too. Bottled sauces aren't really that cheap for what you get, so you really aren't saving money by buying them. Also, you will have quick meals ready. Just thaw out a portion ahead of time.

Not all of us have freezer space for that. Some people don't have a good place to put a standalone freezer either. That's a nice idea, but not always practical for everyone.

That being said, my daughter asked for that stuff once and I kept walking after looking at the package. I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Mr Neutron
Impassioned Gibberish
Premium Member
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME

1 edit

Mr Neutron to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94