spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

psf1957

join:2013-03-15

[Equipment] Network Extender

Since 3/10/13 my NE has fast flashing red system light and magenta gps light. Power and WAN both blue. It was working great up til then. Called VZW and they did a trouble ticket. The tech told me to keep trying it and hopefully they'll have a solution soon.

What I found out seems to be that it is not connecting to Verizons system. They told me it shows under my account, but I'm thinking maybe something happened that they deactivated it. They say no. So, anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

I did call my cable company, to make sure they had no upgrades or such, and they did not. Router is new since January 2, 2013.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

I am assuming you have tried powering down all of your equipment including cable modem, router, and switches, and of course the Extender?

Do you know if there is still a cell tower signal in your area? Maybe the tower your extender connects to is down or the extender isn't picking up the signal from the tower at all.

psf1957

join:2013-03-15

Tried all of that. Also, direct hook up to modem, same thing. Since the NE works off of GPS, I am thinking the GPS antenna went bad?

They did say that I have to have a GPS confirmed before system light kicks to blue? That doesn't make sense, I thought it would be the opposite, system blue, then gps?

They have a trouble ticket in (Verizon) and nothing yet.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Yes that is true. I just read it in the pdf file I have for the extender. It states:

Without a valid GPS signal, the Network Extender cannot function
properly, and calls will be redirected to the nearest compatible
cell tower.

This is what it says about the GPS light along with the system light:

GPS LED:should be a continuous blue light,indicating that the
Network Extender has locked onto a valid GPS signal. If the GPS LED is solid red, the internal antenna may not be able to detect a GPS signal and installation of the external GPS antenna might be necessary. If the GPS LED is persistent magenta while the System LED is slow-blinking red, this indicates a failure condition.

I have attached the pdf in case you might want it, if you don't already.
--
Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.
Expand your moderator at work