Keoway
Premium Member
join:2009-08-29
Seneca, SC

1 edit

Keoway

Premium Member

ESPN3 and WatchESPN - iPad

On January 15th, AT&T and ESPN announced a distribution agreement that extends access to Disney's lineup of sports, news, and entertainment content to " ... U-Verse TV customers across televisions, computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, and internet-enabled televisions." It also notes: "ESPN3 will also be available to any residential AT&T High Speed Internet customer, across screens and devices." See the press release here »www.att.com/gen/press-ro ··· id=35932 (Edit: Corrected URL issue)

When using an iPad on my U-Verse internet connection (or AT&T Wireless iPad data plan), the ESPN3 site won't let me access the streaming content.

Test scenario:
(1) Direct Safari to espn3.com (»espn.go.com/watchespn/index)
(2) A browser platform check is performed and ESPN reports that the WatchESPN app should be used.
(3) Launch WatchESPN app, but it doesn't accept U-Verse account credentials.
The press release didn't mention when the new U-Verse features would be available. The iPad WatchESPN app appears to need updates.

Is there a method where one can access ESPN3 content on an iPad?

Forosnai
join:2011-09-30

Forosnai

Get »www.splashtop.com/home

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan to Keoway

Anon

to Keoway
You cannot not watch www.espn3 content on an iPad. You need to use a windows PC.

Keoway
Premium Member
Seneca, SC

1 edit

Keoway

Premium Member

Click for full size
Message in Safari
Click for full size
WatchESPN provider list
The new agreement between AT&T and Disney (parent of ESPN) changes the policy, so that an iPad is now an eligible device for streaming content. The problem is that the iOS app hasn't been updated to accept U-Verse account credentials.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

said by Keoway:

The new agreement between AT&T and Disney (parent of ESPN) changes the policy, so that an iPad is now an eligible device for streaming content. The problem is that the iOS app hasn't been updated to accept U-Verse account credentials.

I'm having the same problem on my PC. The option of using U-verse credentials is not available.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David to Keoway

Premium Member

to Keoway
Sorry for the long and overdue reply with keoway's info I sent off a request for information.

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan to Keoway

Anon

to Keoway
As of yesterday, I now see AT&T U-verse listed as a provider on the WatchESPN app for the iPhone.

Keoway
Premium Member
Seneca, SC

1 edit

Keoway

Premium Member

Click for full size
U-Verse authentication
I just checked on my iPad and the U-Verse authentication option is now present on that platform too. I ran a brief test and was able to authenticate and stream content for the ESPN/2/U/3 networks via my U-Verse home connection. I'll try access via the AT&T cellular network later this evening.
Keoway

Keoway

Premium Member

Click for full size
U-verse now listed
The updated provider list
Keoway

Keoway

Premium Member

Click for full size
access via LTE connection
Streaming is also working via an AT&T iPad data plan with U-Verse credentials