spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Semerah

join:2013-03-16

1000mbps business line cost in North York region?

Does anyone have any idea what this might cost and what companies would offer it (i.e. Cogeco)?

What kind of bandwidth do these companies offer. Moreover, what are their prices for buying IP ranges?

I'm doing some research on the feasibility of starting a datacentre and I thought I'd ask you all for some input.

Thanks.

thebig

join:2002-11-18
Hamilton, ON

For that kind of speed your looking at Bell, Rogers or Allstream. All offer enterprise level services such as what your looking for.

You really need to call all them and get pricing based on your specific setup/needs.

You will probably not be paying for bandwidth but for guarantee's of certain mbps being available to you based on your agreed upon SLA.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:22
reply to Semerah

While you can get good prices from incumbents (I was surprised to hear about what a good deal somebody I knew was getting from Videotron for fibre to their office), you can still often get it cheaper from IISPs. The cost of the physical fiber will be the same, since it's often an incumbent providing it, but the cost of the transit may be cheaper. Shop around!
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

scorpido
Premium
join:2009-11-02
New Hamburg, ON
kudos:1

I would check with Allstream first. We use them and they are very competitive.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Everyone I knew of in St. Cats that was wired using fibre was also using Allstream.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Semerah

There is a data center in a North York industrial park at 565 Gordon Baker Road called YesUP (AS22923) that has 6 upstream providers - HE.net, Abovenet, Tata, Tinet, Cogent and Level3

»www.yesuphost.com/contact-us/
»bgp.he.net/AS22923#_peers

You're not just looking at Bell Rogers or Allstream. You can pretty much get any ISP you want if your pockets are deep enough for it.
--
Fiber Optics are the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR »Fiber Optic Forum.

SimonJones
MTS Allstream Alliance

join:2010-09-16
Mississauga, ON
reply to Semerah

Hi Semerah,

Please pm me your service location address and I'll provide pricing for Allstream E1000 (GigE) service.