spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sad guy

join:2013-03-11

Would this work? (putting outdoor antenna in my addict.

I never really go into my addict. My idea is to Put the outdoor antenna in my addict by a window.Run the cable down the stairs to the booster/amp which would be in a bedroom. Then from the amp to the indoor antenna which would hopefully give 4g to my entire house.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4

you mean "attic", but yeah, lots of folks install antennas in attics without any problems
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

sad guy

ty jim in va no idea why i spelled it addict.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4

when spoken, both words sound almost exactly the same
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
kudos:1
reply to sad guy

If you are hooking that antenna to a wireless amplifier system , that is not a good idea . Wireless systems need separation between antennas . Not only distance but building materials . This prevents the system from going into oscillation . Oscillation is a very bad thing - it can screw up the cellular network in your area knocking other users off their devices and rendering your system useless . This is the reason the carriers have pushed the FCC so hard on new regulations on amplifiers.
--
»www.maximumsignal.net/

sad guy

the antenna would be wired to the amp

Max Signal
Premium
Buffalo, NY

yes I realize that , The key to any wireless amplifier system is antenna separation !!!
--
»www.maximumsignal.net/

Max Signal
Premium
Buffalo, NY
reply to sad guy

Separation needed as per cellphone mate.

Proper cellular antenna separation is essential in order to prevent signal oscillation, or feedback, that can interfere with the tower or shut your amplifier down, temporarily. Separation is measured in straight line from the exterior antenna to the closest interior antenna. The closest allowable separation depends on factors such as an amplifier’s dB gain level, building location, or building materials of the structure.

30 dB 4 feet separation
40 dB 6 feet separation
45 dB 20 feet separation
55 dB 70 feet separation
62 dB 78 feet separation
65 dB 90 feet separation
68 dB 105 feet separation
70 dB 117 feet separation
75 dB 130 feet separation
80 dB 160 feet separation

»www.surecall....Separation.aspx
--