All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
markf
join:2008-01-24
Scarborough, ON

markf

Re: Backing up to friend's computer

I looked at Symform. It looks ok, but it doesn't give an option to "shut off" all bandwidth use during the business day. It will still run through and use 2.5% of available bandwidth, which is something I'd rather avoid.

For ssh server, I dabbled for a little bit with that. How does it work with dynamic IP addresses? I only have control over one of the backup PC's, so when the address changes I will have to reconfigure.

Syncrify seems to be the same thing. Is there a way to get it to login on the Internet to find the address it needs to link to or do I have to have a static address for it. In the settings it looks like it needs something static.

I'm leaning more towards something like BackBlaze/Crashplan online.

Does BackBlaze work on more than one computer with the same account? If I need separate accounts I think I'll go with Crashplan (if I can use it from multiple locations).

I miss the old Windows Live Sync/Foldershare program. It was so simple to use and did exactly what I needed.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Syncrify works fine as long as you configure a Dynamic DNS account on the router of the pc that has the server component it, and you point the client to the dynamic dns address...