uniqs

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to wizkid6

Premium Member

to wizkid6

Re: Pair Bonded ADSL2+

ADSL2+ Can provide up to 3 Mbit/s download on Annex M with a corresponding decrease on download.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Upload? on Annex M

brookeKrige
join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA

brookeKrige to DataRiker

to DataRiker
Can VDSL2+ do that? Trade a reduction in download for increase in upload (even if 2-3 for 1)? Instead of 24/3, get 18/6?

(and no, won't even bother asking if ATT offers/supports same)

wizkid6
join:2002-03-31
Opelika, AL

wizkid6

said by brookeKrige:

Can VDSL2+

There is no such standard as "VDSL2+" ADSL2+ and VDSL2 yes, VDSL2+ no.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to brookeKrige

Premium Member

to brookeKrige
VDSL can deliver 100Mbps symmetrical if configured correctly and VDSL2 can deliver 250Mbps symmetrical if configured correctly. With those speeds things like Annex M are not a concern.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by davidhoffman:

VDSL can deliver 100Mbps symmetrical if configured correctly and VDSL2 can deliver 250Mbps symmetrical if configured correctly. With those speeds things like Annex M are not a concern.

First, this thread is about ADSL2+, not VDSL. Second, Annex M is only for ADSL2+, not VDSL(2).

Seriously, why do people keep bringing up VDSL? Both the subject line and OP clearly state ADSL2+. With the recent push I don't think even half of the Uverse that's available is VDSL any more.

As for the topic of this thread, I sure hope they deploy ADSL2+ pair-bonded w/Annex M. I would love some 36/6! I'm not holding my breath though

/M