uniqs

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

1 edit

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Max Subscribers: VRAD?

Anyone know how many people a VRAD can supply to at once? In my area 70% of SSIDs are AT&T related.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

They come in different sizes. Some of the larger ones are capable of supplying multiple hundreds of users in a use for locations such as, apartment complexes, etc.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vi ··· s_device
48 to 864 lines per VRAD. Latter on it says the standard AT&T VRAD is 32 lines.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

said by davidhoffman:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vi ··· s_device
48 to 864 lines per VRAD. Latter on it says the standard AT&T VRAD is 32 lines.

The 32 is only used in reference to FTTP (fiber to the premises) refers to the number of splits of the fiber. This type of installation is extremely rare, the majority of the installations are FTTN.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
Well if you look at the pic of the VRAD in this thread it'll give you an idea. Basically it's gonna be a multiple of 24. The one in the pic is capable of 396 ports but only has cards for 144 installed.

/M

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Thanks for all the responses. I didn't think they could actually support that many subscribers till now.

MitzyG
@tresourcegroup.com

MitzyG to Msradell

Anon

to Msradell
is it possible to know how many subscribers are on your VRAD? I'm having an intermittent problem with QOS that affects my VOIP phone. One theory is excessive number of subscribers on the node or all of the subscribers simultaneously using the internet, causing a short drop in service