spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Puzzel

@embarqhsd.net

Century Link email

Has anyone had their Centurylink Email suspended? Tried to call got a person who told me that my account was suspended for suspicious emails.... Got a bunch of unsolicited emails at once. Told me to call Centurylink Security Assurance called yesterday got a voice mail...today mailbox is full. Is there a security problem at Centurylink???

Ray

BlueMist

join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

1 edit
I have not had any problems with my email account so far.

Usually when you get cut off by them it is because your computer has picked up a virus and is either under the control of someone else who is sending out emails in your name or the virus itself is sending out SPAM advertisements, again in your name. They also tend to add your email account to their server lists to send junk mail to your address for a long time to come.

If it were my PC(s) I would download the latest Free version of Malwarebytes at »www.malwarebytes.org/ and the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware from »www.superantispyware.com/ and run them to see if anything turns up that is suspicious.

While you may already have an anti-virus program running none of them are 100% effective. Doing a scan by others like the above two scanners might catch what the other does not.