Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Why was my DVR called IMG_AP

I noticed when using the In Home Agent it seemed that the STBs were listed incorrectly. For instance, my bedroom STB was called "Living Room" and my living room DVR was called IMG_AP.

I eventually renamed the bedroom from living room to bedroom 1. When I tried to rename the living room called IMG_AP it said "Living Room" was in use (even though I had changed the bedroom's name).

The only way I was able to change the IMG_AP was to rename the dvr using "custom" and typing in "living room" lower case. It accepted that. I then tried to give it Living Room from the list and got the message it was in use.

The only way I'm able to see the actual names is by using the In Home Agent which at some point has you select which stb is giving a problem.

I'd like to know (if anyone knows) why the main multiroom dvr had the name IMG_AP and did I cause any problem by renaming it?

(I'm thinking in terms of if I put the settings to the cloud).

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

Libra
Premium
USA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Well, this is ridiculous. I went to MyVerizon and looked at Fios TV and selected "manage DVR" (we have two dvrs). At the website it shows (lower case, which I changed using "custom") living room. It also shows the other dvr which happens to be in a bedroom and is named after a person "Living Room".

This is not the stb that was originally named Living Room.

I'm going to ignore this. When I want to record something on a dvr from my stb it shows the proper names for the dvrs.

Whenever we get around to trying to put the settings to the cloud I'll see if and how the dvrs are identified. In the meanwhile I'm going to keep a record of the number assigned to each.

Sincerely, Libra

mushmouth

join:2001-12-13
Earth

I think it just means interactive media guide auto provisioned.Was that dvr drop shipped?, if so I believe it just means the box went through its activation and no name was selected.
If I remember correctly upon activation completion the box used to ask for location.At that point the installer would select a name, so they probably just went down the list, picking locations.

VZFiOSYo

join:2007-02-24
Lakewood, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Libra

It means that it was Automatically Provisioned and was not named after the installation was done. The "living room" name, since it was already taken can't be used again unless you use the custom name feature. The system detects duplicates and unfortunately won't delete it unless the actual STB is removed from your account. No problem in renaming it. It's purpose is to easily identify it when you call in for support, also to be able to ID it yourself in your home.

Libra
Premium
USA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Libra

Thank you both for your replies. This dvr was brought to the house a couple of days after the installation - this resulted because during the install I couldn't find the area online to order the 7232 and called customer service about it. They waived the fee and had it sent to me. I guess that's drop shipped?

I appreciate knowing this won't cause me problems and what IMG means

Sincerely, Libra