spc
uniqs
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario

bjlockie to Mephistos

to Mephistos

Re: [DSL] 25M/10M Service at a Glorious 6Mbps speed

>And kovy, I doubt very highly that you could actually influence the outcome of this installation

You're probably wrong but you burned that bridge.

I would say you have burned a lot of bridges on bbr with your ranting.
Mephistos
join:2010-06-20

Mephistos

said by bjlockie:

Really? And to be clear, you mean to say that there are people here, reading postings on TekSavvy forums that can have actually have enough influence at Bell to suddenly and spontaneously complete an install that should have happened days ago?

Forgive me if I find that incredibly hard to believe, I have had no evidence to the contrary. I had no idea that the Internet business worked this way. I came on here to share my experience previously and the current one and the level of insanity it is.

What you are describing to me is what I thought that is what support escalation channels were for. To my knowledge, most business operations involve tech support handling these kind of problems.

But now you're telling me someone else can help? How? Who? Why? How are people supposed to know this?

Educate me, because you have my attention. I want to know how this works.

My rant was born of the frustration of not having any alternative but to swallow the unacceptable level of support that Bell was providing TekSavvy. So if there's something that people on this forum can provide, I want to know what it is, honestly.

I don't need technical help with my modem, I know modems, I know DSL, and I can do tonnes of diagnosis myself. But what I can't do is bend someone's ear at Bell to fix my order, I have to go through TekSavvy, and they have to open tickets which I get to risk $87 arbitrary charges for every time they open one. I've done all the wiring myself at home. Seriously, what can people on here help me with that I could have avoided alienating by having a frustrated rant?
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario
Technicolor TC4350
Asus RT-AC56
Grandstream HandyTone 702/704

bjlockie

said by Mephistos:

said by bjlockie:

Really? And to be clear, you mean to say that there are people here, reading postings on TekSavvy forums that can have actually have enough influence at Bell to suddenly and spontaneously complete an install that should have happened days ago?

Forgive me if I find that incredibly hard to believe, I have had no evidence to the contrary. I had no idea that the Internet business worked this way. I came on here to share my experience previously and the current one and the level of insanity it is.

What you are describing to me is what I thought that is what support escalation channels were for. To my knowledge, most business operations involve tech support handling these kind of problems.

But now you're telling me someone else can help? How? Who? Why? How are people supposed to know this?

Educate me, because you have my attention. I want to know how this works.

My rant was born of the frustration of not having any alternative but to swallow the unacceptable level of support that Bell was providing TekSavvy. So if there's something that people on this forum can provide, I want to know what it is, honestly.

I don't need technical help with my modem, I know modems, I know DSL, and I can do tonnes of diagnosis myself. But what I can't do is bend someone's ear at Bell to fix my order, I have to go through TekSavvy, and they have to open tickets which I get to risk $87 arbitrary charges for every time they open one. I've done all the wiring myself at home. Seriously, what can people on here help me with that I could have avoided alienating by having a frustrated rant?

If you had come here and stated your problem instead of ranting then someone might have helped solved your problem.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Mephistos

Premium Member

to Mephistos
said by Mephistos:

said by bjlockie:

Forgive me if I find that incredibly hard to believe, I have had no evidence to the contrary.

Actually there's a long history of Bell techs visiting these forums as well as our IRC channel, who will offer to help with troubleshooting and profile issues...

They're usually techies & tinkerers just like many of us here so it's not like it's a sin to help a wholesale ISP customer, because they understand the BS that Bell sometimes puts them thru even for their own customers.

But I doubt anyone will offer you a helping hand after the attitude you've shown in this thread.
Mephistos
join:2010-06-20

Mephistos

said by HiVolt:

Actually there's a long history of Bell techs visiting these forums as well as our IRC channel, who will offer to help with troubleshooting and profile issues...

They're usually techies & tinkerers just like many of us here so it's not like it's a sin to help a wholesale ISP customer, because they understand the BS that Bell sometimes puts them thru even for their own customers.

But I doubt anyone will offer you a helping hand after the attitude you've shown in this thread.

By helping hand do you mean they'll show up in person and push through my ticket or give me tech tips I don't need on how to tweak my 25/10 modem on a 6M profile?
Mephistos

1 edit

Mephistos to bjlockie

to bjlockie
said by bjlockie:

If you had come here and stated your problem instead of ranting then someone might have helped solved your problem.

You've failed to answer my question of how they would have helped solve my problem? Would they have pulled strings within Bell to actually make my ticket happen?

I doubt they are allowed to do that, that's an internal Bell issue. As far as my attitude, if you had gone through what I did, would you be optimistic and in your happy place?

I'd like to see a Bell tech come onto this thread and condemn me themselves, for my attitude.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Mephistos

Premium Member

to Mephistos
said by Mephistos:

By helping hand do you mean they'll show up in person and push through my ticket or give me tech tips I don't need on how to tweak my 25/10 modem on a 6M profile?

Well that depends on the situation and their location, but I have had one tech help get a line transferred from CO to remote, and numerous profile fixes from various techs on different lines...