squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
kudos:5

3 recommendations

[IckyPoo] Erin go bragh!

Yeah, I know St Paddy's day isn't until tomorrow ... but I'm cooking corned beef and cabbage tonight.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

Yes and there has been a big fuss locally. The state will not let the bars serve the green beer until noon.

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9

1 recommendation

reply to squirt

Hope you enjoyed it and made enough for tomorrow, too.

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

3 recommendations

reply to squirt

lonnyb
Blessed Beyond Belief
Premium
join:2004-01-25
Dayton, OH
reply to squirt

My wife cooked corned beef and cabbage last night! I think it was coincidental since the corned beef looked better than the other roasts at Aldis..
--
I know when to fold 'em *ALL THE TIME!*

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
Out Grazing
reply to squirt

Hey Howie,

What's wrong with this picture?: shovelling 8 inches of snow on St Patrick's Day with a -13F wind chill.

Icarus
Department Of Redundancy Department
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

1 recommendation

reply to squirt

We have 20lbs(2 x 10lbs) of corned beef my son picked up from a friend who works at a restaurant supply house. Lovely looking stuff too! Were going to bake one.....something we have never tried before and boil the other. Cabbage and boiled taters also. Family dinner tonight and lots of leftovers. Will send some home with my FIL and save some to send home with my daughter and SIL who are out tonight celebrating their first anniversary......were babysitting my grandson to accommodate that. We'll make some corned beef hash also and maybe a pie with the leftovers too. Yummy stuff,corned beef! And only 2 weeks till Easter too!
--
Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
Team Helix- Folding@Home and Rosetta@Home

howieh
4 more weeks
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to squirt

said by squirt:

Hey Howie,

What's wrong with this picture?: shovelling 8 inches of snow on St Patrick's Day with a -13F wind chill.

It's called punishment for sending all that cold Canadian air down here.
--
Hey Buddy, can you spare a cycle? Join Team Helix

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 recommendations

reply to squirt

Going to SIL's around 4pm for corned beef, cabbage, spuds etc.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
Out Grazing
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to howieh

said by howieh:

said by squirt:

Hey Howie,

It's called punishment for sending all that cold Canadian air down here.

And this just gives us more cold air to send your way!
--
Jamais le mal n’aura le dernier mot. La foi et l’amour déplacent les montagnes de la haine.
- Marguerite (Maggy) Barankitse

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
Out Grazing
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to onDvine

said by onDvine:

Hope you enjoyed it and made enough for tomorrow, too.

Plenty of leftovers for today!
--
Jamais le mal n’aura le dernier mot. La foi et l’amour déplacent les montagnes de la haine.
- Marguerite (Maggy) Barankitse

leibold
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to Icarus

said by Icarus:

Were going to bake one.....something we have never tried before and boil the other.

I had dinner with friends. Just like you we had two corned beef and decided to bake one and boil the other. Which one did you like better ?

They both tasted very good, but the baked one had the proper tenderness of a good corned beef while the meat of the boiled one was much firmer. That may have been due to allowing the pot to come to a full boil when it was only supposed to simmer but the meat also did appear to be leaner (there was a thick fat layer on top of the corned beef that we baked).

Happy St. Patrick's Day
--
Got some spare cpu cycles ? Join Team Helix or Team Starfire!

Icarus
Department Of Redundancy Department
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

1 recommendation

Both were good. Baked was a bit more salty but not overly so than the boiled. Both tender as well although the baked held together a bit better when cutting if that makes sense? Baked sure smelled better cooking too! Getting hungry now.....must.........go...........to............work!
--
Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
Team Helix- Folding@Home and Rosetta@Home