reply to OZO

Yup your exactly right OZO!!

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
reply to Blackbird

Marketing - making you want something you wouldn't otherwise have a need for.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2

2 recommendations

reply to Blackbird

said by Blackbird:

There are a lot of not-so-good things in life that exist (or even thrive) simply because of the social pressure applied to folks to adopt them by those with vested interests in pushing them.

And, the sheep that are so desperate to be noticed, and accepted. Free will, and critical thinking are discouraged by the status quo.
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to StuartMW

Re: Google Glass: The opposition grows

The only reason governments are afraid of glass has nothing to do with your privacy, And everything to do with them not wanted to get recorded with their pants down. Already Youtube has plenty of videos of congress critters saying shit they should not when they think nobody is taping.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to Snowy

said by Snowy:

No one has the right to observe, photograph, film or in any other way create or preserve a record of my public space activity without my express prior consent.

And what law or right is this based on as I would believe it is totally baseless, so good luck trying to use it.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
Calgary, AB
reply to antdude

Re: Next Media Animation (NMA)'s Video

And in each case these were within a private establishment where they can set rules around entry, use etc of their establishment, totally OK, but these are 'public' areas and as such you can't expect or apply such rules.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Link Logger

said by Link Logger:

said by Snowy:

No one has the right to observe, photograph, film or in any other way create or preserve a record of my public space activity without my express prior consent.

And what law or right is this based on as I would believe it is totally baseless, so good luck trying to use it.

Blake

That's one of the problems with larger threads.
Jumping in without context can obscure the intended sarcasm.
sar·casm
/särkazm/
Noun
The use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
»www.google.com/search?q=define%3···irefox-a

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

said by Snowy:

said by Link Logger:

said by Snowy:

Blake

That's one of the problems with larger threads.
Jumping in without context can obscure the intended sarcasm.
sar·casm
/särkazm/
Noun
The use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
»www.google.com/search?q=define%3···irefox-a

Sorry then my bad.

Blake
--

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Link Logger

Re: Next Media Animation (NMA)'s Video

said by Link Logger:

And in each case these were within a private establishment where they can set rules around entry, use etc of their establishment, totally OK, but these are 'public' areas and as such you can't expect or apply such rules.

Blake

A clearer definition of 'private establishment' is needed.
If your talking about a private club with access limited to select individuals, sure the club can set it own rules.
If your talking about a privately owned business open to the general public management can only set rules within guidelines that pertain to public safety & the orderly conduct of it's business.
It can enforce a rule that says "No dogs allowed" but it cannot enforce a rule that says "No fat chicks allowed'.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to StuartMW

The latest episode in the ongoing saga: Google Glass: Let the evil commence

said by ZDNet :

Summary: Glass has now been 'jailbroken' with a well-documented exploit. So what can you (or others) do with a hacked headset? Apparently, a whole lot.

I hope that Bob enjoys his new toy.

If this has been mentioned by someone else in this thread; TL;DR
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.