Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

1 recommendation

antdude

Premium Member

The Internet is a surveillance state

»www.cnn.com/2013/03/16/o ··· dex.html from »yro.slashdot.org/story/1 ··· ce-state

"STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Bruce Schneier: Whether we like it or not, we're being tracked all the time on the Internet

Schneier: Our surveillance state is efficient beyond the wildest dreams of George Orwell

He says governments and corporations are working together to keep things that way

Schneier: Slap-on-the-wrist fines notwithstanding, no one is agitating for better privacy laws"
Frodo
join:2006-05-05

1 recommendation

Frodo

To mitigate this, I use Firefox along with RequestPolicy.
»www.requestpolicy.com/faq.html

The RequestPolicy addon prevents cross domain requests from completing unless the user whitelists the cross domain request.

It is CPU intensive. On my Pentium 4 computer, browsing slows down quite a bit. But on my I7-3770, there is no delay that concerns me.

But, even on the Pentium 4, it was worth it to me to prevent the profiling and tracking that is going on.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

I have cross domain requests set to prompt ("Allow Sub frames to navigate across domains") and the only time i have seen any requests is WHEN I HAVE SCRIPTS ENABLED. (Which isnt very often) so it must not work w/o them..

Some sites like www.zamzar.com require scripts to work. (Then i get alerts (Which i deny until it stops trying)) I might just set it to disable,ITS STARTED HAPPENING MORE AND MORE!!