how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

shades

join:2001-06-26
Williamstown, NJ
reply to Shoe

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers in Philly!

said by Shoe :

30 sec skip - »forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-R···2/page/3

thanks

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

DVR Not Available

So last night around 8pm I went to watch some recorded shows - and the system brought up a message:

"DVR Not available due to system maintenance".

I have to admit, this is the first real annoying bug. How in the hell would system maintenance cause me to not be able to read my DVR?

OR - are my programs actually now being stored in the cloud?? Hmmmm...
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3

What's odd about that is policy dictates system maintenance to be performed between 12am and 5am. Unless it was some kind of "emergency" thing.

This maintenance window is when you would normally see code upgrades, channel changes (adds, moving frequencies, etc), new ch maps pushed out, server swaps or other gear changes.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE

Looks like there was yet another Server side update overnight....
--

S10driver35

join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

Missing recordings reappeared

So here's something a bit odd. Last Wednesday I had a couple of programs set to record and the next day was frustrated that they didn't seem to record (my first experience with this issue). So over the course of the weekend I was catching up on what I had on the DVR and after deleting everything I recorded as well as emptying the deleted recordings I was still showing that my DVR was 2% full. I'm aware this is a known issue but I went ahead and rebooted my DVR anyway and still had the DVR showing 2% full

Lo and behold, yesterday morning I discovered my missing recordings from a week ago were back in my listing of available recordings. Has this happened to anyone else missing recordings or having an issue with the capacity of their DVR as well?

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast

S10-
I've seen instances of that on the Xfinity forums on the Comcast website.

Apparently even though the programs are stored on the DVR - the information about them is in the cloud - so if their cloud infrastructure hiccups - it'll look like the programs aren't there, even if they are.
--

S10driver35

join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

said by JeepMatt:

S10-
I've seen instances of that on the Xfinity forums on the Comcast website.

Apparently even though the programs are stored on the DVR - the information about them is in the cloud - so if their cloud infrastructure hiccups - it'll look like the programs aren't there, even if they are.

Thanks for the info Matt! Yeah I've seen instances about the hard drive capacity issue reported on the Comcast site but hadn't seen anyone report about missing recordings reappearing. The cloud theory does make sense.