Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

1 recommendation

Icarus to squirt

Mod

to squirt

Re: [IckyPoo] Erin go bragh!

We have 20lbs(2 x 10lbs) of corned beef my son picked up from a friend who works at a restaurant supply house. Lovely looking stuff too! Were going to bake one.....something we have never tried before and boil the other. Cabbage and boiled taters also. Family dinner tonight and lots of leftovers. Will send some home with my FIL and save some to send home with my daughter and SIL who are out tonight celebrating their first anniversary......were babysitting my grandson to accommodate that. We'll make some corned beef hash also and maybe a pie with the leftovers too. Yummy stuff,corned beef! And only 2 weeks till Easter too!

leibold
MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
Netgear CG3000DCR
ZyXEL P-663HN-51

leibold

MVM

said by Icarus:

Were going to bake one.....something we have never tried before and boil the other.

I had dinner with friends. Just like you we had two corned beef and decided to bake one and boil the other. Which one did you like better ?

They both tasted very good, but the baked one had the proper tenderness of a good corned beef while the meat of the boiled one was much firmer. That may have been due to allowing the pot to come to a full boil when it was only supposed to simmer but the meat also did appear to be leaner (there was a thick fat layer on top of the corned beef that we baked).

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

1 recommendation

Icarus

Mod

Both were good. Baked was a bit more salty but not overly so than the boiled. Both tender as well although the baked held together a bit better when cutting if that makes sense? Baked sure smelled better cooking too! Getting hungry now.....must.........go...........to............work!