how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Archangelk2

join:2002-08-02
West Palm Beach, FL

Monitor purchace question

I'm building a new system and I'm going to be using an EVGA 670 FTW 2GB card. I have been having a lot of trouble selecting a monitor since I want something that will handle games and just everyday tasks, but it will mostly be important that it displays games well. I'm considering this LG »www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···24005369

From the looks of it this should suite my needs. Although I know ASUS monitors are also popular. I don't plan on doing any 3D gaming or any intensive graphics/video work. I don't need anything larger than 27" and a 23 or 24" would be fine. I also like the LG for the price. I don't want to spend a lot (I know that may make things difficult), If I could get something for less than $300 that would be great. I would really appreciate any help or other suggestions. Oh yeah, I don't play games in the dark I prefer to have some lighting when I play.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Dells are also very solid, and highly popular among discerning enthusiasts.

Going with a 27" 1920x1080 is a good choice, going for 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 almost always requires SLI/Crossfire to max games out.

I have the 2560x1440 Auria IPS (via Microcenter) that was ~$400. The 1080p version is only $200.

»microcenter.com/product/384758/E···_Monitor

It's a fantastic LED IPS that is an A- panel--the branded Apple or Dell monitor would run around $800-100.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.