how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

quienes

join:2001-12-11
Morris Plains, NJ

[DVR] Can STB be made to remember "cell phone" search preference

Can STB be made to remember "cell phone" search preference ?
There are a few places where I can choose between 2 different text input modes: keyboard and cell phone standard. For me keyboard sucks and the cell phone standard rules. No matter where I select it, after a day or two my choice disappears, i.e. it reverts to "keyboard". TIA if you can tell me how to make my choice stick. TIA if you know it cannot be done, so I will stop searching for how to do it. QE in NJ

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

Re: [DVR] Can STB be made to remember "cell phone" sea

Menu->Settings->Set-Top Box->Keypad

jimboe

join:2000-08-14
New York

nah. I know what OP speaks of..

Seemeingly at random times, the text entry gets switched back to keyboard..

JAH_PGH

join:2009-09-28
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to quienes

I've noticed that it changes when I use the iPhone FiOS remote tool. If I don't use the iPhone app, the settings stay as I set them.

quienes

join:2001-12-11
Morris Plains, NJ

Ahhhh Jah - iPad Remote was the perp. But it may also help with the solution - if I use it to select "cell fone" mode then it seems to force the STB into that mode. I did experience the opposite as you pointed out, then dinked around. BTW, there's no good reason to use either of the STB's on-screen methods when using the FIOS REMOTE APP, there's a big button at the top of the iDevice screen labeled Keyboard that gives you a full iOS type keyboard. Also, sliding the bottom part of the screen reveals 3 different collections of goodies. Cheers all, QE in NJ

jimboe

join:2000-08-14
New York
reply to quienes

yeah, Ill ammend my post to agree that it seems to (mostly, but not exclusively) occur when I use the remote app on my droid..