All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr

Re: Start client not getting any help from Rogers.

said by yyzlhr:

said by mlord:

said by Cornf1ake:

Is there anything I can do?

Yes. Sign up with Rogers Cable Internet service, but do NOT sign a contract. Once you have service with them, they will fix whatever is wrong. Then cancel and switch back to start.ca.

That's at least $14.95 (activation fee)+potentially one month of service with Rogers. You might as well just pay the $70 for the tech and save yourself the hassle.

You could end up with repeated visits at $50 each (I was told its $50 by the last tech that came to my home). With Rogers he could keep complaining and insisting on tech visits til his issue is fixed.
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

said by TypeS:

You could end up with repeated visits at $50 each (I was told its $50 by the last tech that came to my home). With Rogers he could keep complaining and insisting on tech visits til his issue is fixed.

Exactly. The one time I had a Rogers guy around to investigate a (Teksavvy) cable internet issue (not at all signal related), he simply verified good signal and left again. But he did tell me that, had I been a Rogers client, he would not have left until everything was working correctly again. Including replacing the modem, fixing the line, whatever, if need be.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to TypeS

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

Rogers told me they charge for technician visits if there is nothing to fix.
Cornf1ake
join:2013-03-16
Guelph, ON

Cornf1ake to mlord

to mlord
So we have no recourse against this type of service?

Is there not someone who regulates this? Can I hire a 3rd party repair man who would have legal access to the box outside to get in and fix the issue?