spc
Search similar:

uniqs

geo37027
join:2009-11-03
Brentwood, TN

geo37027

[STB] comcast EAS outage last night in middle Tennessee

could someone please direct me to where i can find out more about this...

last night, during HBO premiere of The Most Exotic Marigold Hotel at ~7:40pm, the EAS kicked in. there was no audio/on screen message, the set top box just displayed EAS on it's panel and locked onto CSPAN (coverage of Sarah Palin! yay...)

i happened to notice my friends all over middle Tennessee reporting the same situation on social networks.

powering the box down, channeling up/down, unplugging the box, etc. did not resolve the issue. i tried calling Comcast but the circuits were so busy that no calls could get through. after about 45 minutes of this, i gave up and left the house. all was well when i returned at about 2:30am.
geo37027

geo37027

this occurred on 03.16.2013 at 7:40PM CDT

sorry i had the date in my original post but had some trouble signing in.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

obviously a malfunction of the server.

no one here will know the exact reason.

Orlando 57
@comcast.net

Orlando 57

Anon

Oh somebody knows what happened. they just aren't going to say. The reason the line was busy was becasue it happened to everyone and everyone called in. It took the Headend tech 45 minutes to get to the headend and turn off the EAS switch or closure or whatever was causing the issue.

Major screwup that I am sure the engineering department is addressing this morning so it doesn't happen again.

ComastFree
@comcast.net

ComastFree

Anon

OK..... let's get this straight.... I pay Comcast to supply a level of service for the bill they present, but when the service fails us customers (you and me); we can't get a credit because they can....or worse yet...they just do it over and over and over....and over? ... let's just open up the state to competition.

----
Mod Note: Let's don't stir up politics in this forum, please.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

said by ComastFree :

... let's just open up the state to competition.

----
Mod Note: Let's don't stir up politics in this forum, please.

The state is open to competition. It's just that almost no one wants to spend the hundreds of millions to wire up an area to fight for a percentage of another company's customer base to serve them basically the same product. It's very expensive and takes a long time to get any return.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to geo37027

MVM

to geo37027
There is an article on the Tennessean site today about this problem:

Comcast viewers get stuck on C-SPAN amid storms
The Tennessean - March 19. 2013
»www.tennessean.com/artic ··· d-storms

geo37027