uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Pedestial Question

I figure someone here might know the answer to this.

What is this? It's dark green so is it hydro? I just can't figure out what they are:

»goo.gl/maps/JbeU4

Also, this? Are they Bell FTTH distro boxes? The areas they're near are all FTTH (well, the second one has FTTH on the other side of the overpass which is why it looks like there's a bunch of slams strapped to the nearby OPIs for the copper area surrounding it, but the white box is otherwise out of place)

»goo.gl/maps/bVWpg
»goo.gl/maps/DeIk6

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

Looks like an OPI and a JWI with Remotes attached...

Z
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

said by zacron:

Looks like an OPI and a JWI with Remotes attached...

The white boxes, not the brown ones.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

The white boxes are usally not bell or if they are Much Bigger and are a type of remote. Brown ones are a Opi and some 7330s ( likely) the green is power stuff the Second whitebox Looks like a traffic light controller box almost to me. the one beside the Opi/ 7330 stack is power of some sort to as evidenced by the hydro meter attached.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

The second white one is in a brand new development all wired up using FTTH for both Bell and Cogeco nowhere near traffic lights. Traffic light controllers in Niagara look like this:

»goo.gl/maps/eekVF

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:7
reply to Gone

I believe the white cabinet sitting on it's own is an optical cross-connect, Bell also has them in brown.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
reply to Gone

Its clearly not in Service then No bell tech would have a key to said lock they use Can wrenchs p:)
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Gone

»goo.gl/maps/JbeU4 - Not sure what this one is.
»goo.gl/maps/bVWpg - That's likely an optical cross connect.
»goo.gl/maps/DeIk6 - The brown box is an OPI and the white one is where the fiber and the SLAMs are.

zed173

join:2010-07-17
Mississauga, ON

said by JCohen:

»goo.gl/maps/JbeU4 - Not sure what this one is.

That's a hydro connection pedestal (unlike the big transformer beside it), seen a few popping up around new installations in Burlington.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Yeah, the first time I saw these were in new developments in Thorold and Binbrook. I only just now realized there was one around the corner from where I live.