uniqs
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen to Double OH 7

Premium Member

to Double OH 7

Re: [HSI] Jitter & Packet loss all a sudden?!

You need to perform a "tracert" to one of your game server IP addresses in order to determine where any packet loss, jitter, etc. is actually happening. I doubt Charter will roll a truck just because you think so. The particular speed test site you used in your example is around 200 miles away from wherever you are and it's most likely not on Charters network.
Double OH 7
join:2009-10-19

Double OH 7

said by aguen:

You need to perform a "tracert" to one of your game server IP addresses in order to determine where any packet loss, jitter, etc. is actually happening. I doubt Charter will roll a truck just because you think so. The particular speed test site you used in your example is around 200 miles away from wherever you are and it's most likely not on Charters network.

To be honest I have yet to try and play any games with this current issue.. I decided to check my network quality before hand. I would be more than willing to pay for a truck roll because I would like to get to the bottom of this issue..

I will give it a day or two and contact Charter; I was just hoping someone on here might have an idea or suggestion.

^ My test to Adrian is normal sometimes at the moment... And rarely I get the one as above.

^ Normal (Adrian is as close as I can get to my location)

As for the previous Chicago test, I used that one because my normal test to that location is always good.