spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Laini

@sbcglobal.net

Uverse TV outage Dallas

Since Thursday I have been withou TV. My uverse TV freezes and goes to Oh No a dreaded blue screen. Two days in a row waiting for a technician only to find out it is a Network issue. Well my uverse phone and internet work. What is the problem. This service is expensive and I think it is time to cancel.

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX
I would call cancellation dept and complain about your issues. IN the past when I have done that they usually offer "Advanced Tech Support" which just means that you get to talk to Tier 2 support and they will send out a Senior Prem Tech.

Also download and install the UVRealtime app and post screenshots from the 1st, 2nd, and 4th tabs.

Laini

@sbcglobal.net
I told them I am thinking of cancellation. Two days no show. They have escalated me to CATS. They state they will call when the outage is resolved. I see many posts about similar outages.

AngryDallas

join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX
I've been having internet drop on my UVerse Internet only service her e in Dallas for the past 2 days.

Every time I've called tech support, they do test and pings and dings and rings and they say everything okay.

Laini

@sbcglobal.net
I wasted most of my weekend waiting for service technicians they cancelled without contacting me. The service is expensive and they have no accountability. It is a disgrace. Calling technical support is a joke. The agents act like they know so much and they know nothing. Once again they said they would contact me when the outage was over. NO PHONE CALL. They spammed me with 31 emails with instructions on different services. Now the TV is working. But nothing on the promised phone call.

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2
reply to Laini
Register at »forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-U-verse-C···ttuverse and send Alex a PM with your account info and he'll get the bill taken care of so you can enjoy life until ATT's outage and your schedule finally mesh.

nephipower

San Antonio, TX
If you haven't already done so I would get information on the deals that you your local competitor has now and call back the cancellation dept.

Explain how frustrated you are with the recent outage and that you want a large credit for that and the lack of communication for ATT. In addition, that you want them to beat the offer for your local competitor or you will be leaving.

Once you mention a competitor and their pricing they will lower your prices.

Have you tired that yet?

LainiDi

@65.170.41.x
reply to Forosnai
I sent a message to Alex, as you mentioned. The forum does not show him online in a long time. Hope I followed your directions.

LainiDi

@65.170.41.x
reply to nephipower
I will be doing that today. Thank you for the suggestion. I will be checking with Time Warner immediately.

Thanks

LainiDi

@65.170.41.x
reply to nephipower
I HATE AT&T

nephipower

San Antonio, TX
I hear ya, I have been on both sides of the fence. I have had both TWC and Uverse a couple of times because of issues that come up from the places i have lived in over the past several years.

Each have their issues and sometimes you just have to switch because you have had enough of it with one company. However, remember to keep your composure and be polite.

But that doesn't mean you can't be firm and express your how frustrated with them and if they only give you so much of a deal you can use terms like "that is unacceptable" or "that's not good enough" in a polite but yet firm manner.

When I try that along with trying to remember and understand that they are human beings too and try to appeal to that reps will often be more willing to work with you.

Please let us know how that goes because I always like to hear how hopefully companies try to make things better when they goof up.

LainiDi

@65.170.41.x
Being a Techie, I have been there. I have been on both ends of the phone. Yes, I agree with you. I called retention and will give them one more try. They greatly reduced my monthly bill, and the Retention Reps are always very nice. Hard to be mean to them. Time will tell. I will give them 30 days. TWC or AT&T...time will tell.

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk
I think the phrase "pick your poison" applies. I have my opinions on which technology is superior and which organization has a greater sense of maturity around management, but at the end of the day you have to go with the option that affords you the least amount of pain as a consumer in your particular situation.

Never forget the Golden Rule... he with the gold, makes the rules.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/