uniqs
rdiedrich
Premium Member
join:2002-11-25
Mchenry, IL

rdiedrich

Premium Member

New service deals?

Any good promotions out there for a new customer in zip code 60548? Moving and will be connecting new service, have no current service with Comcast for over a year.
nysports4evr
Premium Member
join:2010-01-23

nysports4evr

Premium Member

Contact Comcast
rdiedrich
Premium Member
Mchenry, IL

1 recommendation

rdiedrich

Premium Member

gee, thanks for the insight I hadn't thought of that.

Was just wondering if anyone knew of any promos I may not have seen.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

1 edit

Darknessfall

Premium Member

These were mailed and door knob offers:

New Customer offers:
Was from early this year that we got it:
$89.99 first year/$109.99 2nd year
HD Preferred Plus XF Triple Play
170 channels
Blast Internet
Unlimited Home Phone
Can't remember but I think they also threw in a DVR with this offer.

^ No agreement required if I remember correctly. No visa card included.

Late 2012:
$19.99 first year/$34.99 2nd year(What we have now)
Performance Internet 22 down/4.5 up with bursts up to 50 Mbps or higher(In our area).

^ One year agreement required.
nysports4evr
Premium Member
join:2010-01-23

nysports4evr to rdiedrich

Premium Member

to rdiedrich
Sorry, didn't mean to be a jackass, but Comcast always has pretty attractive promos for new customers.

You'll probably get a good deal.
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
You have to contact Comcast, we cannot do it for you. Each area has different promos. Check the website or call.
rdiedrich
Premium Member
Mchenry, IL

rdiedrich to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
what I have been seeing is similar...but 2 year contract. :/

Clu
@sbcglobal.net

Clu to rdiedrich

Anon

to rdiedrich
I'd call this number for new Performance Promos:
1-877-298-0903. I just called a few months ago and got $19.99 a month for 12 months.
rdiedrich
Premium Member
Mchenry, IL

rdiedrich

Premium Member

ok, will give it a shot as the move in date comes closer next week.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
These guys sometimes have slightly nicer deals than going directly to Comcast.

»www.comcastoffers.com/
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11 to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
How often does Comcast changes their deals? I was on their site yesterday, and they were offering Performace internet, 45 tv channels, + 2 years of HBO & streampix for free. If I recall it was $49.99 for the first 12 months. I was going to call them tonight to get some more detail on the offer, but now that deal is gone from their website.

Instead they are offer Econ internet, 45 channels with NO hbo or streampix for $29.99 for first 6months. No where near the same quality of deal the original was. Plus econ internet is too slow for me.

Do they change these deals daily? Is it just a matter of waiting a few days for it to come back? thanks

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2 to rdiedrich

MVM

to rdiedrich
One thing about Comcast that does drive me slightly crazy is that their promos and special offers can change at a dizzying pace, as well as being specific to different areas. That is why I agree with nysports4evr, short, but correct response. Call Comcast! In fact, call them more than once!

I made several calls, and even within my area, got several different offers! Sometimes, even their sales people don't seem to be able to keep up.

Also, do call when you are ready to commit. Some offers can be of very brief duration. Especially if one is looking for more than one service, as in my case, phone & internet. When I switched to Comcast, I actually got 3 slightly different offers...so i picked the one that suited me best...
NightOwl2
join:2012-03-19

NightOwl2 to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
You should call asap and determine if the house/account is serviceable. With most companies, the calendar is available 2 to 3 weeks out. If you are moving to brand new home, it has to be listed in Comcast data base before you can order service. With a current residence/account, the vacating owner may not have put in a termination/transfer of services, or the account could be delinquent.

Some promotions are very limited, such as a 3 day blitz. When the promo time ends, the billing codes are removed from the system. When you see a deal, call.
clocks11

clocks11 to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, they do change fast! 3rd day I checked, and 3rd offer available. lol

I am going to call them tonight or tomorrow and try to get that original offer I saw. If that doesn't work, the offer today is pretty solid. thanks
NightOwl2

1 recommendation

NightOwl2

Tip: if the wait isn't too long, also try calling billing or support. CRS's generally earn more commission for a sale in those departments. When a customer calls in and says, I might have called the wrong department, but I am looking for new service, an alert CSR (should) be juggling every deal possible.
aabaaf
join:2011-12-09
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf to clocks11

to clocks11
ALL, keep in mind that internet offers, or those found on the website are only found on the website. Those that are on TV, can usually be gotten both over the phone and on the internet. Those on the phone can only be gotten on the phone. Those gotten through a CSR, can only be gotten through a CSR. Those gotten through the Sales Dept are only available through the Sales Dept. Sales cannot pull up an internet offer, a CSR cannot pull up a Sales offer, each has their own offers, and can be only for a few hours, days, months. The reps have no idea, as it's all done by the sales and marketing teams behind the scenes. Also some offers are only available in specific areas, where COMCAST/XFINITY is trying to compete with U-VERSE, or FIOS. So that offer may not be available where those services are not offered. Also keep in mind that if you live in an area where U-VERSE/FIOS is offered, be sure to check your specific address to see if you can first off get U-VERSE/FIOS, and what of their "triple-play" you can get. Because depending on how far you are from their central office, you may be only able to get phone, or phone and internet but no TV. As the CSR's and Sales people can plug in your info, and call you bluff if you say well U-Verse is offering me a triple play for $99 for 12 months. Yes, again, they may have telephone, this or that type of rep deals. But a friend of mine tried it, and since they couldn't pull it up, they gave him an e-mail address and fax #, to send the offer over to them. Then only would they try to do something about matching it. Lastly these deals that are put together are all based on the numbers for a particular area, if Sales & Marketing, notice that lots of people are "cutting the cord" for TV and Phone, but keeping the internet. Then they start offering deals for Internet & TV, making it cheaper for 6 to 12 months, even if it's Basic Cable, or Digital Starter. All they need is to show that you have TV service on your account, to satisfy the investors, that they have XXX,XXXX amount of TV accounts in an area. Also if COMCAST/XIFINITY needs to run to the bank for some $, even though they offer phone & internet now, since they started out as TV, that's how the banks and investment world sees them, how many TV subscribers do you have.
clocks11

clocks11 to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
I'm only getting Internet & TV. I was thinking about just getting Internet, but CC seems to basically throw the 45 channel package in for free.
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
Yup. Like you said it seems for free, but it's a 12 month or X month deal for TV & Internet. That way for X to 12 months, they can say they have 1 more TV subscriber, as I stated. Also they are hoping that you love the TV part so much that when it does go up to regular pricing for what you have, you'll just keep it and won't "cut the cord" and just keep the internet.
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

My experience as a triple play person has been that they always cut a deal at end of the savings period. Certainly not as good as the original, but still significant.
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
Again all depends on where you are and what's available. Is WOW in your area? Is U-VERSE? Is so you're probably getting a better deal, the more choices you have to "flee" to the more likely they are to cut a deal. The less choices, IOW, COMCAST, or Satellite, and DSL/regular landline, not so much. Then they basically talk about internet speeds, and ON DEMAND content. Plus no interference during storms, etc.....
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

Yeah, I have both. No doubt that's the difference maker for many. Possibly OP too, since he's in Illinois.
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
In IL here, in the western suburbs of Chicago, but in an area that can only get COMAST or AT&T DSL/Phone and Satellite. Across the street from my complex those houses can get U-VERSE, triple play. So it really is all down to "your specific street address".
NightOwl2

NightOwl2 to aabaaf

to aabaaf
That's not entirely true. (about different departments). Sometimes the offers are available, depending on area you call.
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
Ok 90% then, which means for all intents and purposes they're not available across departments. Since CSR's are someone you'd call after you have service, so they wouldn't have access to deals for those wishing to establish service. Same with sales, not having deals for those that call in with trouble with their TV service, and wanting to lower their rates. Also the internet deals are only online, sometimes, on rare occasion they do have the same of "similar" deals, 6 months instead of 12, or $39.95 vs $49.95. Also retention has rates/deals that only retention can give, and there again, what other companies compete in your area, how long have you had COMCAST, do you have triple play, what level of service, Digital Starter, or Premeir, how many boxes, what speed internet, multiple phones lines. Quad-play, now with Verizon, or Quint Play with security system, if it's in your area?
NightOwl2

NightOwl2

I've sold Comcast for many areas across the company, and for other cable subscribers. CSR's in billing and support do have access to the sales and codes. But I won't argue the point. Good luck finding deals!
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
Also not going to argue the point, I was a CSR for COMCAST and we didn't have access to Sales, and Retentions deals. We had to transfer them, to that department also while making them aware that that deal may have expired in the mean time. Some areas of the company, in some areas of the company may. But here in Chicago they don't, as I have friends that work in the TV area still, and in the internet phone area, and even though I have moved on, we still talk and have talked about it being silly how we don't all have access to each others deals.
rdiedrich
Premium Member
Mchenry, IL

rdiedrich

Premium Member

I ended up getting 20m for 29.99 for 6 months.
tivoboy
join:2004-05-10
Menlo Park, CA

tivoboy to rdiedrich

to rdiedrich
I just signed up for 6 months, no contract for 69.99$ for 25MB internet, 160 channels, HD and HBO for six months. I figured as a combo it was a good deal