uniqs
share rss forum feed

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2

[Rave] Avast!

I can't believe how fast, and good Avast! is. It has a good detection rate for advanced or average user. It is very lite. Well maybe there is something wrong with my Avast! config, because i could not see any slow downs by opening up or running apps.

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

1 recommendation

Click for full size
I sure like it.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

1 edit

I think Software Updater add-on is useless as well. But for a novice it is a good add-on to Avast!.

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

1 recommendation

Click for full size
said by Oleg:

I thing Software Updater add-on is useless as well. But for a novice it is a good add-on to Avast!.

I use Secunia.

Very good.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Oleg

said by Oleg:

I thing Software Updater add-on is useless as well. But for a novice it is a good add-on to Avast!.

I had it on but it was a pain, so I update manually.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

said by PrntRhd:

said by Oleg:

I had it on but it was a pain, so I update manually.

Manually updating software is better than auto updating for sure.

PrntRhd
Premium
Fairfield, CA

And much, much better when Firefox is asking you to update, Avast is asking you to update and the application's software updater is asking you to update. Enough already!

Faster
Premium
join:2013-03-09
reply to Oleg

The Mac version is terrific in all areas of performance while being exceptionally user friendly and self-sustaining while proactively communicating with the user and IMO without any weaknesses.

I know nothing of the current Windows version.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
reply to PrntRhd

said by PrntRhd:

And much, much better when Firefox is asking you to update, Avast is asking you to update and the application's software updater is asking you to update. Enough already!

Change the option in Firefox to "Never check for updates" & then periodically check it yourself if it is bothersome.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
reply to Oleg

Yep, I use it on a 2 of my laptops because I exceed the allowable devices for Norton.

PrntRhd
Premium
Fairfield, CA
reply to Johkal

I did that earlier after letting the experiment with seeing how the updater notification works.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to jadinolf

said by jadinolf:

I use Secunia.

Very good.

I use that as well. The chief of security (oversees the department's firewalls) told me about this.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben