how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

treichhart

join:2006-12-12

[Mobile] ATT Microcell

Hi Guys
I am just wondering on the ATT Microcell do you have to have an smart data plan or can this work on any ATT phone long as you got an account or how does this Microcell setup works?

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
The MicroCell needs a high-speed internet connection to function properly. It works with any 3G (or newer) phone. It is managed through the online account access portal. You have to specify the AT&T mobile phone numbers that are allowed to make calls through the device. It is supposed to be able to handle four simultaneous calls.

I initially got one for the unlimited daytime calling. I dropped the feature, and the $20 monthly fee, after mobile-to-mobile calling was added to the unlimited messaging plan. I keep the MicroCell active to ensure full coverage through the house, and so that our address will get sent if anyone ever needs to make a 911 call.

treichhart

reply to treichhart
Well all I am looking for is signal boost because right now my wife just bought an new phone and we only get 1-2 bars or no service at all and ATT haves there tower not even 5 miles out of town. So whats best way to boost the signal use Microcell or what?

wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD
kudos:1
The answer is above. You basically asked the same question twice.

The Microcell is a good option **if** you have good high speed Internet.

treichhart

reply to treichhart
Well I called ATT and they are sending me an free microcell.