spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

toronado455

join:2007-03-08
Long Beach, CA

Overdrive Pro reboot possible from web GUI?

On the Overdrive Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Sierra Wireless there is a command in the web GUI for shut down. But I noticed that the URL for that command is:
»192.168.0.1/reboot.html?id=poweroff
And the page title at that point is "System Restart". Which makes me wonder if there is a hidden reboot command. I wonder if it would be possible to write a custom URL that would cause the unit not to shut down, but to reboot.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4

If it has a sim, pull it and the battery, re-install. That reboots every device I've used--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

toronado455

join:2007-03-08
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

Or just press the power button.

Power cycling the device physically is not a problem. I'd just like to be able to do so from the web interface instead.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..

if the Overdrive is similar to my Verizon 4620L, going into the interface and just changing one setting reboots the device. Go back and return that setting change to default also reboots it
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

murfeez_law

join:2013-03-29
reply to toronado455

If there was a hidden restart command, it would actually either restart or give you the option from the page title right?

This may or may not be something to help you but here it is anyway:

Turning Your Device Off

From the home page:

1.Make sure you’re logged in to the home page.
2.Click Power Off

(below the Virtual Device).

From the Mini Window:

1.Make sure you’re logged in to the home page.
2.Click Power Off

Note: You can turn the device on only by using the physical power button
on the device or by disconnecting and reconnecting the micro-USB cable.

Also, Similar to the virtual device, the Mini Window reflects most of the icons and text displayed on the real device.

To save space on your monitor, you can close the home page and move the Mini Window to the side of your monitor. Then you can use the window to keep an eye on the status of your device and connection. (To reopen the home page, click the Home link.)

If you're logged in, the window has a Connect or Disconnect button, and a Power Off button.

----------------------------------
Resetting to factory defaults under Advance Settings>Device will reboot as well.