Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi to elefante72

Premium Member

to elefante72

Re: Horrible youtube speeds

said by elefante72:

It's not the backbone, if they hosted it in a Terremark CDN it would work better, but I'm sorry to say that everyone I talk to can't stream youtube from 5-11PM reliably. But at the same time I can stream 2 hidef streams from Netflix no problem or anything else. And as far as I know Verizon hasn't signed up for Netflix CDN yet.

I run my own DNS servers and have played with the

Plain and simple Youtube sucks and the fact that they use flash doesn't help. Maybe when HTML5 gets migrated it gets better, but Google is not doing a good job here.

Works like a charm on Time Warner ultimate internet here even at peak time usage hours. I been checking this forum since I am ordering fios due to upstream packet loss on time warner, but this thread is 1 small red flag to me with fios so far.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

I have 50/25 FioS and changing this 23 minute vid to 1080p, the whole thing downloaded in 2 minutes flat . No troubles here, but I dont watch youtube often.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Qk-RTmlQ

TweakerInWA
Optimus
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
Syracuse, NY

1 edit

TweakerInWA

Premium Member

said by ITALIAN926:

I have 50/25 FioS and changing this 23 minute vid to 1080p, the whole thing downloaded in 2 minutes flat . No troubles here, but I dont watch youtube often.

The GT-R review is tons better !!!!