Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:4

[WIN8] Tweaked TaskManager How to get Win8 to remember?

Click for full size
I used Vishal's tip to make Task Manager in Win 8 much better (get rid of the distracting grouping and add the process name on the Processes tab (stupid to have that missing). I like Win 8 Task Manager much better now.

But when I reboot and start Task Manager, it has forgotten the settings. Any way to get to remember?

Also, any way to get Task Manager to NOT open to a blank window? I need it to always open to "More Details" (why would Microsoft change Task Manager in Win 8 so it doesn't open fully until you click on "more details"? Why would anyone want it to open to a blank screen?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:2

While I have not tried to make any modifications to the Windows 8 Task Manager, I also wonder why it does not remember what tab you have open.

Here's an example: When I open task manager, it goes to the first tab which is "Processes". I then want to see "Performance", so I click on that tab. I then close task manager.

If I open it again, it goes back to the "Processes" tab. It does not remember that the last time it was open, I was looking at the "Performance" tab.

While not totally annoying, it is a bit odd that I don't see a way yet to get it to remember the last tab that had focus.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to Mele20

Click on the details tab instead.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to plencnerb

said by plencnerb:

While I have not tried to make any modifications to the Windows 8 Task Manager, I also wonder why it does not remember what tab you have open.

--Brian

My only gripe with Win 7 is that also happens with the Services plug in. I want to see the standard and not the Extended information but when Standard has the focus and you reopen - it is on Extended again.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain